Blizzard Frames LUA Error

Hey all,

I keep randomly getting this, and it only happens every so often, when I target an enemy while running up to them while out of combat. Any idea why?

553x FrameXML\AuraUtil.lua:58: Usage: local continuationToken, slot1, slot2, … = UnitAuraSlots(“unit” [, “filter”][, maxSlots][, continuationToken])
[C]: in function UnitAuraSlots' FrameXML\AuraUtil.lua:58: in function ForEachAura’
…eBlizzard_NamePlates\Blizzard_NamePlates.lua:553: in function UpdateBuffs' ...eBlizzard_NamePlates\Blizzard_NamePlates.lua:178: in function OnUnitAuraUpdate’
…eBlizzard_NamePlates\Blizzard_NamePlates.lua:151: in function OnTargetChanged' ...eBlizzard_NamePlates\Blizzard_NamePlates.lua:56: in function <...eBlizzard_NamePlates\Blizzard_NamePlates.lua:42> [C]: in function TargetNearestEnemy’
[string “TARGETNEARESTENEMY”]:2: in function <[string “TARGETNEARESTENEMY”]:1>

Locals:
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = “HARMFUL|INCLUDE_NAME_PLATE_ONLY”
(*temporary) = 32
(*temporary) = nil

You have a addon that is breaking wow and needs attention.

1 Like

Would it not, normally, list the addon interaction in the error?

Hey there Soundscape,

Lua errors are usually due to add-ons or damaged UI files. Bugs are rare but possible also. As far as what I can suggest here, you’ll want to see if disabling all add-ons helps first. If you see no difference, then a UI reset should be done with no add-on managers running. This way you will have defaults to rule out damaged files or an interfering add-on.

If you find it persists, please get a bug report submitted using the in-game system.

If you find an add-on is causing it, then some trial and error would be needed to narrow down which by enabling 1-2 at a time and testing. Once figured out, talk to the developer. Another idea in this case would be to use the UI and Macro forums found here.

1 Like