Blizzard doesn't care about feral

Title pretty much sums it up

15 Likes

+1 they might as well just merge Feral and Guardian back together.

8 Likes

The recent sound change has killed Feral for me.

8 Likes

Iā€™m convinced they are literally just letting all the Feral mains die off so they can prune the spec completely rather than continue to prune abilities.

Just put us back to the way we were in MoP, when Feral actually had some form of use in raid content. Right now we literally canā€™t even exist without being laughed at for not playing a DH or something viable.

I had to reroll my Feral to Boomkin to raid and do M+ - Iā€™ve been main playing Feral for 6 expansions now, and Iā€™ve never once felt so useless in both PvP and PvE that Iā€™ve been forced to literally hard reroll until BFA.

4 Likes

Our damage is fine. If anything they need to nerf bite and buff rake and rip to compensate so that itā€™s a little more forgiving so if we need to rebirth or maim it doesnā€™t absolutely neuter us. Our problem is we have no access to our utility without severely hampering our dps,which no other class has to deal with. We also need lotp or something to make people want to choose us over a less qualified rogue or dh. Quite frankly we arenā€™t the only spec with this problem.

2 Likes

I laughed, and almost stopped reading.

And then I stopped reading completely. They need to give rake/rip a flat buff, they donā€™t need to nerf anything about Feral, itā€™s already bottom of the barrel in literally every form of content. Youā€™d have better luck playing a Sub rogue than a Feral.

7 Likes

If youā€™re getting laughed at then youā€™re doing poorly. I get compliments every time I join a group with things like ā€œIā€™ve never seen feral do thatā€.

Do I out dps rogues and dhs of equal skill and gear? Of course not. Thereā€™s always got to be a spec thatā€™s a few percent worse than others and believe it or not we arenā€™t it. But I challenge the dps of any spec that comes with me, and thatā€™s all I can ask for. If they buffed rake and rip to the point that they need to and left fb alone, there would be absolutely no challenge, no one would come close to a well played feral. And that, imo, is just greedy.

3 Likes

Would like to see your armory. Havenā€™t played feral in years and I admit miss it a little.

Angeliqe-bonechewer

1 Like

I decided to do the same thing for 8.3 it is unfortunate but boomy is really strong right now :confused:

Thanks. Ran with a 2k io feral few times last season. His dps was exceptional.

2 Likes

Feral is outperforming balance in the new raidā€¦

1 Like

May I ask where this info is coming from?

Warcraftlogsā€¦

1 Like

Warcraftlogs is showing a lot more balance than feral in the top 25 for every fight except 3 or 4ā€¦

4 to be precise. and while a good amount of fights have an outstanding feral on top, that doesnā€™t represent the majority as itā€™s an outlier

1 Like

Feral is just one of those specs where someone can do really good or really bad at it. A lot of the problem is people want the easy way out, and itā€™s much easier to perform as another spec. Iā€™ve been doing feral far too long to want to go balance, and every time I spec balance I just feel dirty. Unfortunately I started way late last season, but hoping to do much better this season. I play guardian and a lot of other classes as well, but itā€™ll get there. Right now Iā€™m ranked 1878 in the world and Iā€™ve only timed an 8 and completed a 10, so that just tells you how little competition there is.

3 Likes

But itā€™s not because of Feral, melee in general are outperforming range (as if they werenā€™t already :roll_eyes:) because of overtuned echoing void.

1 Like

We also have an uneven distribution of potentially over powered corruptForges making it all irrelevant until everyone has their BiC set up.

1 Like

Proof that you can make stats say what you want. Feral is beating balance, play semantics all you want.

ā€˜www. warcraftlogs. com/zone/statistics/24/#aggregate=amountā€™

I came to the druid forums for this exact reason.

I canā€™t hear half of my abilities and what I do hear sounds like squashing a bug or a wet diaper sound. Most the time when i use an ability i do a double take to see if the ability actually went off because the audio feedback is so poor.

Turning up the in-game sound or volume causes everything else to be loud but that doesnā€™t solve the problem of the weak, unferocious sounds these new feral spell effects make. You use a big 5 point bite to only hear a swoosh, it sounds awful.

Fix feral sound effects, please. or change the name ā€™Feralā€™ to ā€˜Timid Cat with Hairball and low Damageā€™.

1 Like