Blizzard doesn't actually care about botters

Blizzard doesn’t care about the player experience.
Bots are EVERYWHERE again. This is insane.
Materials prices have fallen so much its just pathetic that blizzard lets this happen.

You have farmers selling Righteous Orbs in bundles of 100 each.
Herbs are a bottom prices for the most part.

I just don’t understand why blizzard doesn’t do anything about this.

I guess the only thing that makes sense, is there are SOOO many botters playing that blizzard will just rake in the money.

This really quite frankly makes me not want to play the game due to buying and selling on the AH being a great part of it I enjoy. Now you can’t even hold a product for very long because it won’t ever go back up.

2 Likes

It’s infuriating, but keep making mass reports. They do get banned and I’ve personally had a hand in reporting a banned bot (you get an in-game mail).

Blizzard has simply not been quick on the BANHAMMER at all at banning bots, either.

3 Likes

I HATE bots but, on this topic, I need to remind you that it’s not just bots. In wow’s history the price of items drop at the end of every life cycle expansion.

We also need to realize that there are far more players right now who are leveling and preparing for TBC classic. That will also drive supply up and prices down.

Bot’s are a problem.
Report them when you see them, and you will get an in-game mail from blizzard telling you they have been actioned against.

Ban gold buyers.

4 Likes

Correct.

1. WoW is a cash cow to A-B. They see the future as mobile games and eSports. MMOs, not so much.
  2. Doing something about botters would require staff. Staff costs money.
  3. There is no proof botters cause people to unsub… so having bots has no negative economic impact on A-B (as far as they know.)
  4. Botters pay for subs, too.

Notice that “qualify of experience” is not an A-B operational goal.

Here you go:

I read the post.

A-B’s actions, however, seem to be at odds with the Blue’s assertions.

Huh.

So where does the information exist that bots are on compromised accounts?

The people who work on the game care.

But the upper level management doesn’t.

This. Bots are a problem, but EVERYONE is dumping vanilla mats as fast as they can before they become effectively worthless. This more than anything is what is causing the price drops.

The only things that are still propped up to typical prices are things like ore, gems, leather, cloth, and low lvl blues which people plan to use for alts & professions.

2 Likes

Blizzard is doing something about illegal (against the TOS) actions.

But some botting is legal. Blizzard has said that a zillion times. You can dislike something, but you don’t make the rules. Very, very recently Blizzard has banned some kinds of botting software. They have not banned all botting. They have not banned gatherers that do better than you do. They do not control AH prices.

Blizzard has vendors. The AH is entirely for players. Blizzard stays out of this player-vs-player competition.

1 Like

Blizzard has never, ever said this.

1 Like

You aren’t serious with that “CS” quote right?
“Compromised accounts” which is bull crap to begin with, still require game time to play right?

I mean, the nonsense in that post is laughable.

This.

4 Likes

I don’t mind bots. Easy PVP targets. On pvp servers we have our own ways to deal with them

It doesn’t.

Compromised accounts are a thing of the past.

To fix the botter solution blizzard would have to hire a team of gm’s that actually log into the game and go through and investigate daily suspected/reported botters and locations. This woukd mean less money going into the higher ups pockets too.

It also means there would be the occassional gm that slips a homie some sweet sweet gm loot.

The later problem aside, while this would be quite effective, it wont be done because bliz doesn’t wanna fork out their cash money to people effectively logging into a game for 6 to 8 hours.

Sticky post up top (I think it is still there). They ban thousands per week.
Never ending arms race.