Blizzard: do NOT force TBC on Classic realms, please!

I don’t know if it is viable for Blizzard, but a solution could be to make TBC realms and then give Classic Realm’s characters the option for 1 free transfer. Once there, the character would be ineligible to transfer back.

No, it didn’t happen before. None of this has happened before.

This is the first time that classic wow is getting re released.

They will release TBC, I can almost guarantee it. However, after people have been begging for Vanilla servers for over a decade, and we’re finally getting them, they aren’t going to throw that all away and force the cycle upon us once again.

I think good dicussion has its place and the team has been very open to what the community as wanted up to this point. Overall i just hope it doesnt turn into Static vs Prgoression vs Classic+(WoW2). I think that in the end all of us want to play and enjoy the game we put a lot of time into the only difference is the destination we want to end at in some cases.

OP, I couldn’t agree more.

dont expand classic wow

I’ll be the first to praise classic and bash BFA, but 2007 wasn’t a mistake. The game needed to move on, it just should of been handled better.

if they want to do BC they need to keep it a seperate thing from classic

IIRC The Nostalrius solution was to have a separate TBC server when it came time, and copy people’s characters over to the new server.

I’d hope they would try something similar to that tbh. They’d need more servers but god knows how many people are paying $15 for these overpriced servers.

I mean I love Wow Classic but it cant last forever. When we get through all the phases it will eventually die off, which may not be a bad thing. I see so no problem with a classic+ as long as it is 3-4 years down the road. No increase in level and everything is horizontal. I like the idea of adding the outlands but it being completely neutral with new raids and dungeons. The unused zones could become new low level zones for level alts and new people, etc…

But things like flying, LFG, cross server, etc… need to stay away.

But this would allow it to have a longer life, keep the old world current, getting to 60 would still mean something.

But I think it would also need to be a vote after the phases are done with only people level 40 or higher. TBC/WoTLK servers need to be their own thing.

I strongly disagree with this. I want a lot of what is added all the way up to WOTLK, but nothing past that. At the point of WOTLK, I want an OSRS style voting system to take effect in which we vote for potential incoming changes.

and yes, No LFG, no flying. None of the things we obviously don’t want as a community.

Example of a vote: Hey like, you guys cool with us adding monk but tuning it for this environment? I’d vote yes, but I’m very confident many of you would vote no, and if the majority is no, I’d live with it.

I also am asking you Blizzard to please do not destroy classic servers by pushing us into TBC. We are all here for classic.

Make copies of everyones toon to TBC if you want, but don’t break your classic museum promise. You did promise us that it will be a static museum that will never change. You did make that promise to us.
I have 12 characters, I was told that I can take forever to quest on them to 60 and nothing will change. And now I hear the rumors that our servers might be pushed into another game. Please don’t do that.

If you break this promise, you’ll ruin your own reputation, it’ll be just like another one of those “dont you have a phone” or “you think you do but you dont” moments.

Speak for yourself, I was here for progression. I loved Classic, I wanted Classic, but now we’re done with Classic - for now. I want to keep my mains, and I want our servers to retain their identity and community.

Everything we’ve seen of the playerbase suggests the majority prefers progression to stagnation. That means it’d be more appropriate to designate a few low population realms as the, “Classic” realms that anyone who doesn’t want to move into TBC can move to, so that they’re consolidated and not a large number of dead realms.

Quote where they promised Classic was going to be a museum, rather than their initial joking about it - as they were experimenting. Plans are subject to change.

People keep parroting this but the sole source literally calls it a joke.

Nice threat, but sorry, Blizzard follows what the more likely success would be.

Blizzard never promised progression. They promised a “classic museum”. That’s what everyone came here for. You are just posturing.

1 Like

I noticed you didn’t link where Blizzard “promised” a “museum”, instead reiterated your argument.

Also, no, I came here for progression. I knew if Classic never progress it’d die, and my interest would as well.

Oh blizzard did promise a museum, a lot of people remember it. And no I’m not about to go search forums for that quote and other website links to argue with you. Blizzard knows they did it.

1 Like

I recall that as well. They went further and said that they didn’t care if only 10 people were still playing, that the servers would keep running.
My feeling is they were honestly shocked at the amount of people who wanted to play. Also quite pleased at the money it generated. That could be the downfall, greed will change opinions.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/imagine-your-progress-being-deleted/835519/75

Here, let me do it for you - Rozen already linked the quote in particular and it specifically states they were joking about it. That is literally the sole “museum” reference. They have said a number of times they wanted to provide that experience, but nothing is ever set in stone - Blizzcon has announced specific details that never make it to fruition, or are changed later anyway.

Blizzard isn’t going to have all the current Classic realms sitting active but dead. It’s just not feasible.

So you would rather play on a dead realm among a dozen Classic-only realms while TBC realms thrive, than move to a designated Classic-only realm to play with people who think like you do.

Burn the ship rather than take a lifeboat.

Because I play on a nice small RP server. I really don’t want my only choice for staying classic to be transfer to a mega normal Pagle type server.

That’s the thing… perma classic won’t be a mega server lol. No idea why y’all think that many people want perma classic.

60 at 60 cap is clearly different than 60 at 70 cap.