Blizzard Customer service bots?

Did Blizzard not spend the last five years claiming that advertisers in lfg and calendar spammers were all from compromised accounts.

1 Like

The OP claimed that before Authenticators EVERY WoW account would get compromised eventually, which is not at all true. That is what Myzrym was talking about.

As for the terrible spam - it is made up of compromised accounts, accounts paid for with gold/bnet balance, accounts paid for with stolen credit cards (often from “customers”).

They are not legitimate customers like you or me who are engaging in those spam activities. They are throw away accounts that they have thousands of, and steal or make thousands more. That is how they have always done business. Those are well organized criminal groups who steal accounts, financial info, and engage in illicit currency and services trading for games. It is a HUGE business, mostly out of reach of Western law enforcement.

2 Likes

I mainly keep getting back to back posts removed everytime I say anything negative about cata. Even when it was 100% fact to my post
removed. And it was CS who flagged it, CS who removed it. So yea that’s a little odd. That has never happened ever before until now. It showed to me that CS flagged and removed it. But
you can talk bad about DF all day everyday, can do so with Wrath, can do so with SoD, can do so with HC
but say one single word against Cata
the post gets removed super fast. So
 that points to Cata as being the one that Blizzard is hoping most for to succeed. Even DF is not treated with such reverence as that.

Think it is AI flagging the posts or people within the CS?

You need to come to grips with the fact that you don’t get to talk to human. The human support of the past was abused and was ONLY intended for billing issues. But people with non-billing issues called, bogged down the lines. So now we all have this system.

Been the case for over a decade now that you need to game the system to speak to a human before you can have your issue dealt with. That’s not just blizzard everyone is like that. The bots don’t exist to help you they just filter out chaff.

oooh another conspiracy thread.

doesn’t even make sense.

CS wouldn’t “flag” a post.
they’d just remove it if it was in violation.

1 Like

If the posts are getting removed, either the thread is going off the rails past the point where mods can’t just delete a few comments to get it back on track, or there’s something problematic about how you’re saying it.

1 Like

I stated how Cata lost subs during the expac. That is true.

I stated that it destroyed the old level 60 classic world and changed the zones and messed with the talent system. Also true. Those are TRUE facts. And it was in a Wrath thread that was talking about Cata.

1 Like

so is:

a post doesn’t need to be breaking rules to get removed
 and CS does not “flag” posts as per your NON FACTUAL claim.

1 Like

feel free to tell us what the issue/s were.

these stories are always entertaining.

2 Likes

When you are given an answer by a GM many times, they will eventually tell you to stop putting in a ticket on that same issue. No means no, or whatever answer you got.

You seem to have a lot of complaints about moderation, but reading your posts I would wager this stems from not following the rules. The forums, game, etc follow a very family friendly policy. I could be wrong, and that is not what you were ticketing about. Just a guess.

It sounds like a semi-automated system. My main couldn’t get the Gravitational Dispenser schematic - the one I spent money and time leveling engineering and Dragonscale Expedition once I discovered how useful it is in pvp. Just disappeared from existence in the game. After several automated responses I’m left with an unresolved bug, no schematic. But the system sure considers the matter resolved.

Recently been doing rando bgs and the amount of bots/afkers/hiders is wild. Calling them out in chat to get teammates to report them afk apparently gets them upset, and they’ve even whispered me saying they’d retaliate with reports. Chat banned for a week. Appeals got the same automated responses. You’d think it’d be the other way around.

I think there’s probably people somewhere behind the scenes though. I was surprised when a buddy got an actual person to resolve a matter that I think a lot of long time players would consider unresolvable. He changed servers without creating a char to check/save the name - he only checked the website. It was taken, he ticketed/appealed and they gave him a free name change.

That’s really messed up and rude bro, and I have in other posts.

Well you’d lose that wager. Just because you want to defend them even though you stated yourself that some things are broken doesn’t mean that I or others aren’t slighted after supporting them for over a decade.

They aren’t. Stop believing half doctored stuff on the internet that’s out of context.

Template responses are given as a triage method while they deal with more important game breaking problems that others are having. Yes, put in another ticket and you won’t get them sending you a template. But templates are there to read to see if the problem can be solved on your own first.

This is not a helpful way of dealing with things and never should have been implemented, it shows a clear disdain for the player base.

Looks like it requires Renown 9 with Dragonscale Expedition, which is pretty low. Only costs 50 currency units.

If you learned something and it does not show as available to craft, check your profession filters drop down. That is usually the cause of a pattern not showing up. They don’t just go “poof” :slight_smile:

I don’t see any bugs listed in the Wowhead comments about the item. https://www.wowhead.com/item=198781/schematic-gravitational-displacer

Even if it was a bug, GMs are not allowed to fix bugs individually unless given the tools by Devs for a specific issue. Otherwise when the game gets the bug fixed the manually adjusted accounts can have issues. It often make things worse so they rarely let GMs touch bugs, even if it is a known bug. This does not seem to be bugged at least by the Wowhead comments.

EDIT

Unless you mean this which has to be discovered I guess, but would also not vanish.

humor me.

repeat yourself.

it’s not rude to ask.
if you didn’t want people to ask, you had the option to keep your thoughts to yourself.
you chose not to.

and i tried to find out via your post history, and i can see why your posts would be getting removed.
lots of name calling and masked profanity
 but sure, play the victim.

4 Likes

This and all the references to being silenced is what led me to consider the issue is likely related to language penalties.

Either that or it was just something the GMs can’t help with and they would not take “sorry but we can’'t do that” as an answer.

It is rare the GMs get to the point of telling you to stop putting in tickets or it will be considered abuse of the CS system/staff.

1 Like

that’s exactly what you’re doing.

you made a claim, then failed to elaborate.

very rare
 which is what got me curious.