Blizzard Communication

Reddit used to be more optimistic than WoW GD.

I think reddit is more hostile now because the current game simply betrays what made WoW great.

The consumers pay the shareholders. If they wish to take their money elsewhere because they feel like a company is disrespectful towards them, that’s not “raging” and “greed”. That’s commerce, and I think it’s time a few “gaming” companies internalized that. You don’t get to rage at your paying customers just because you think of them as stupid fans.

2 Likes

As organizations get larger and create additional layers of management and employee assessment metrics they become thread locked in a way.

In this case the only message that can make it out is the message that they need more messages.

Meanwhile Runescape is dealing with customers raising hell over account security problems, and…wait for it… lack of communication!!! :laughing:

It is a grind. Questing is a boring grind to many people. Doing repeated dailies ahem cough cough I mean world quests is a grindy boring thing to do.

Yes, you get that for all companies in this field. It happens. But to say Blizzard is doing their best as far as communication goes is nonsense. You can’t keep defending them as a company when, in comparison to other studios with the same size (or larger) player bases, they pale in comparison.