Blizzard, changes need to happen in Shadowlands

Eh I doubt he cares. He prob already knows that and just gives Blizzard the bird if he says anything to him. But it is not like hearts matter anyway.

I’m more irked that he is paying attention to my forum threads, since him and I don’t agree with this.

What I can’t stand is when they justify bad decisions by using the “oh we suddenly now care about RPG elements!” excuse. I hate that, especially when it comes from the guy who oversaw the removal of most of the game’s meaningful RPG elements.

Did they care about RPG elements when they gutted professions? When they gutted classes? When they removed glyphs and leave dead talents around for an entire expansion? Why is it that we’re invoking the RPG elements now, to justify a system that everyone, EVERYONE knows is going to fall on it’s face the minute this baby launches?

1 Like

I agree with this, for years the game was shaped and warp to be what it is now. So I can understand that way of thinking.

Maybe they had a change of heart? I really don’t know. But I don’t know if it is going to fail or not.

I mean from a group finder pov it could we will see.

Oh look another delusional person that mentally ignores the vasts amount of people in the forums that defend and love the current covenant system

Sorry, what Preach says doesnt represent the community, Ion quite literally told him the higher up you go the more that bothers you, we understand that feedback, it isnt a surprise to us but across the totality of the game and the broader audience "

In other words, they care about the entire game rather than the whims of some tryhards, they clearly say they UNDERSTAND the feedback, they CHOOSE TO IGNORE IT because their goal is to make a game for the broader audience

and yes I found out that he did like my post just to troll me.

Want to know the messed up thing? He is banned from the forums until the year 2088 because when CMs use to post on here. He cussed one out for saying the community was wrong when they showed math that they are right. I think it was during mop or wod?

So people who are banned from posting can like posts. 0_o

You’re not in a position to call other people delusional, Ralph.

Ion’s opinion doesn’t reflect reality, you’re leaning a lot on that quote despite failing to grasp what Ion was saying. It’s not magically right because Ion said it. I don’t know what to say besides wake up, dude.

1 Like

Solo players should not be playing WoW. They should be playing The Witcher 3 or other solo RPG games.

Then they’re not really solo players are they?

It’s not, all you have to do is remove LFR and make Normal the default entry option for raids, for dungeons, solo players already get their own keys.

Not to mention Torghast/The Maw/Horrific Visions are completely soloable and preferred that way as it does get extremely difficult when you get up to 5 mask for the latter.

Guilds being mandatory is what made WoW a MMO. You were made to be social with other players by using the chat box and being polite. You could build IRL relationships from the game that’s how deep it ran.

People who just want gear should just simply change their mindset because that’s not what WoW is about.

That’s a false statement. WoW is less social than it was back in the early days.

This is a terrible idea. Imposing changes to the system that allows players to create addons just to hide information will affect almost every other addon.

Not to mention that also takes away from Player Choice in that they can pick and choose who they want to play with and why.

Like it or not devs are going for a more solo direction since they seem to see that many casual players dont want to bother with guilds.

Visions, and now we have Torghast, and something tells me next expac will also have a major solo challenging mode.

You can still be solo player, it is more about the mentality of not wanting to join groups, make friends, guilds etc

For a group player, they want to have fun with other players.
For a solo player a pug m+ or raid is nothing more than gear and players might as well be bots

It isnt literal definition, but you can see that behavior clearly.

I agree with half your points.

Solo players do play a key role in wow, Economy and such. Soloing is fine, but the problem is that many people are soloing because they are not require to be social to do the content and to build bonds because of how efficient group finder has become.

Preach is more credible than you’ll ever be, Ralph.

Automation and mechanization removes the human aspects of everything :frowning:

With that being said some of it is good to have, but limits should be made.

That is why I suggest making it harder to get all the info you need. Yes it would hurt other addons, but if we don’t add some risk back into group finder. Things will never change.

What you’re asking for is already there.

Now you’re asking to limit the amount of information that an addon displays so people aren’t judged by it.

Sorry to say, but even hiding information brought by addons also won’t work because there’s always 3rd-party websites INCLUDING the official WoW armory that people will go to instead.

So what if we forced the wow armory to always be private for everyone, or limit to only people in your guild could see? Most of these addons just get info from armory in itself.

So picture if you could not see other players achievements or armory unless in the guild. How much harder it would be to build groups in Group Finder.

Then you would build a bigger outrage more representative of the real playerbase than the toxic casual community ever did.

That goes against the core reason why Achievements and the Armory was built in the first place.

To display your feats for you and others and give you bragging rights. Not to mention it also is indirectly indicative of how long you played the game for.

I mean you can still do that with guild members, and that outrage would be fine to be honest. Everything out rages the community.

So my idea not only breaks the addons, but it also gives more power to guilds. Has players needing to be more social to start having groups more efficient. Maybe even asking players they play with if they want to join guilds more. Making soloers have to take more risk using group finders.

The more I think about it, the more I am starting to think it is a really good idea.

No, only forum warriors who haven’t logged into the game and people who genuinely are offended by everything are outraged by everything.

Real players are busy playing the game.

In the worst way possible.

You’re acting like people using group finder to pug keys and raids at a high level are a problem needing to be fixed. It’s not.

The people complaining about people using addons to form groups is a very tiny minority of people. We shouldn’t restructure the entire game just to make them happy. Your idea wouldn’t even make it past conception stage.

We live in a different climate now, yes power should go back to guilds. The thing that should definitely return to guilds, and only guild groups is Master Looter, not your idea. That gives more incentive to join a guild and be engaging with them so you are picked for loot.

This is why you peer review to tell you why your ideas are not good.

One vision, One purpose.

I disagree with your take on it.

Forcing group finder to be less efficient will also force players to depend on the social elements of group for the most efficient grouping.

When you got Preach, and even Asmongold telling players that the meta will decide the groups you get in the group finder tool. That should be a power only to guilds. The fact that Group Finder itself can even have a meta is silly in itself. it shows that it is being used way too efficient for the job. Creating a snake that keeps eatting itself.

Why do I need to join a guild when I can just grind out this score and do content with Group Finder?

Item level should be the only info players get when using this tool, and as we all know. Item level is not enough to know if a person is good or not. That is a good risk that pugging should always have.

Taking away the power to weaponize armory to efficiently build groups, would change the community after huge amount of rage, and backlash. lol