Blizzard can you confirm the ranking mistake

thats only if you don’t make 40% decay, or make it 10% decay and no contribution points 2x.

If you 2x cont and make it 40% it will still take 3 months

Visual example included here (delete %):

https%://ibb.co/6ZV8b1v

Oh that’s a non-br1 view but you get the message

EU had their second reset. Decay was not halved. It was exactly as expected under the old system.

They halved decay or else it doesn’t work out right mathmatically.

For double decay you need double RP.

So you are wrong.

yea because if you make the rp gain 2x, but also make the decay 2x harder… it equals out to how it is in the normal system… basic math and logic lmao

Here’s your recursive expression for ranking points

2* contribution points + 0.6*ranking point total

That takes half the time of the old system to hit the milestones.

I don’t think you get math at all.

1 Like

You will only start noticing the difference once you reach higher rank .

Bump. What gives Blizzard? Why did we not get the PvP system changes outlined prior to the season?

You can’t tell right now if we got the changes or not. The 2X speed difference only affects higher ranks.

No one is high enough rank yet to really notice a big difference.

Max possible rank this week is Rank 6 for normal ranking AND 2X faster ranking with 10% decay instead of 20%.

Far as I understood the system, decay is only really noticeable in the higher ranks. You decay almost as much as you’re earning by the end. If the decay is halved, its those last ranks that’ll feel it.

It’s not hard to do math and tell if your honor has lost 20% or 10%. Decay hurts more at higher ranks, but it’s consistently 20%. It’s not rocket surgery.

1 Like

Yeah the problem was no one was posting exact RP values for us to tell.

A guy finally did post, and it appears to be 20% decay. But I’m not sure if he was trolling or not.

I’m aware of dozens of examples of 20% decay from my guild and our friends. The system has not been changed. At all. No 2x progress like was announced. No 10% decay that was copiumed when we pointed out that Blizzard had screwed up. It’s the same.

1 Like

I’ve also been contacted recently by someone claiming to have supportive evidence. Thanks Harukaa for coming forward also, it is indeed not working correctly as I have been harping on about for a good wee while now! Apology in the mail please Frost.

1 Like

They are probably revamping the changes to make them better so ultimately you will be wrong.

My sweet summer child, it is impossible for me to be wrong. All I’ve restated is the content of the blue post. Regardless of if they do or don’t change it, all that I’ve outlined is 100% accurate.

The decay is still 20%, the system is unchanged. The people I play with got ceiling BR1 2 weeks in a row and are 1500 RP short of where they should be if the decay was 10%. It’s the old system period.

Thanks Sophu, I think as time elapses more people will be able to see that nothing I’ve outlined was inaccurate. In my original pair of options “blizz made a mistake” or “blizzard implemented a fundamentally different change” I think the former is the most likely!

People in here white knighting blizz for something that is a mathematically verifiable error. Unreal.

4 Likes