Blizzard being scared to just give blood elves blue eye option

The only things that would likely end it is it thet made all the High Elf NPCs Void Elves or took them out of the game. People seeing those NPCs gives them hope that someday Blizz will add them. Allied Races fueled that fire.

They said it was just for NPCs cause reddit, Twitter and the forums exploded

(Commentary): Because the Orcs, like the Broken Draenei, were cut off from being able to wield the light by the Red Mist that was weaponized when they were committing genocide against the Draenei on Draenor.

(Query): What does that have to do with the fact that when Thalassian elves absorb too much arcane magic that they become Wretched?

No ahe wasn’t she choose to leave. She was absolutely not removed because of the purge she left Dal because she couldn’t stand to allow the horde back in.

1 Like

They said no blue eyes. Those are NPC options. But then they have teal eyes that aren’t marked. Only the red, purple and black eyes are marked as NPC options. So drama!

Whelp, my dreams are crushed.

Thanks Blizzard.

2 Likes

Blood Elves joining the Horde was not a retcon. A retcon undoes previous canon. It is still true that when they were High Elves they made a pact to pay back humans for helping them fend off the Amani Trolls. They fulfilled that promise in the second war. They stayed after they were Belves until being forced out. That is still all part of the history.

It isn’t arcane based though it is do to plain overconsumption… that’s why we can see felwretched.

Who did we betray?

NO they would not

(Observation): Fel Wretched seems to be a product of Fel being removed from Blood Elves in large quantities and short time spans. Again, it doesn’t have anything to do with over-consuming arcane magic resulting in them being turned into Wretched.

It’d sell really well!

Servant’s bell pet claims it is simply magically addicted elves.

The joining itself wasn’t the retcon, but it lead to severeal retcons to try and push the square block to fit into the circle. like trying to claim they were never part of the alliance after the 2nd war, which is not what we were told in WC3.

1 Like

(Commentary): Yes, that does fit in with what we know of Wretched. Magic addicted elves. Typically when, ‘Magic,’ is brought up it refers to arcane magic specifically. I’m not seeing anything here that disproves the fact that when Thalassian elves consume too much arcane magic, that they turn into Wretched. It’s specifically arcane magic, since that is what they’re addicted to.

their heritage gear is so skimpy, horde players already call it a streetwalker mog. compare that to the wonderful heritage set blood elves got. considering velfs are just blue blood elves, the implication is that becoming an alliance elf suddenly changes you into a psycho streetwalker with a tentacle fetish, downgraded from a regal blood elf on the horde. haha

oh dont get me started.

2 Likes

Them being there during WC3 is still in the lore. It wasn’t erased. Neither was the way that they were pushed out.

I want to point out they never said no. So quote correctly.

Not erased but changed. They tried to undermine it. Theres severeal other things that were changed too, like King Sunstrider being there during Arthas’s march for a dramatic final stand where he almost got the better of Arthas (He wasn’t even seen in wc3 atall). Or he bloodelvs being betrayed by Dar’Khan Drathir who let Arthas into Quel’Thalas (Again, thats not actually what happened in WC3)

Look, I’m going to state a fact but dont over think what I’m saying.

They where not a part of the Alliance we play in wc2.

They do have members part of it now though.