Blizzard allowing griefing through report system

Understandable.

The only way to report chat violations is to use the right click report option on the chat lines themselves. So a person would have to have seen the chat lines to do so.

12 Likes

Just chiming in because it hasn’t really been clarified in this thread, but someone telling chat to mass report isn’t really a factor. It doesn’t matter if one person reports you or if a hundred report you. If Blizzard deems the chat inappropriate, they will apply a penalty to the account. If a hundred people report you and you did nothing wrong, nothing will come if it.

And, there have been instances of people receiving account actions for abusing the report system.

6 Likes

You may receive a temporary squelch as a result, but an account penalty is usually not the outcome for a false report.

15 Likes

Thanks Vrak! I knew that and probably should have included it.

6 Likes

Also hopping in on this particular line. REPORT THIS. Whether or not people actually listen to the person invoking others to report en masse, it is against the rules to weaponize reports. While people should absolutely report things that they believe break the rules, it does cut both ways. Weaponizing those reports can and have gotten folks sanctioned for it. [Editting to add I was a bit late and this has now been addressed just above me. Oh well. xD]

I will also toss out - while X number of reports may temporary squelch someone while they wait for a GM to review the case? It doesn’t matter how many reports you get - if you’re not breaking the rules, nothing will happen to you. I could sit there and report you day in and day out for being logged in, and get my guild and half the server to hop in on the report-fest. So long as you’re not breaking the rules, nothing will happen beyond that temporary squelch.

4 Likes

As I am leaving for the night and I don’t believe there is much more that can be added to this one, I’m going to lock this one up again. I fear leaving it open would eventually give our moderators any extra work. :slight_smile:

Thanks, all!

11 Likes