Blizzard addresses PvP gearing, but still misses the mark

Yeah, I don’t either. But they won’t change it mid expansion or season. So we just have to wait it out

If it’s not their idea, then forget about it. Of course they know what’s good for their game, it’s thriving and not hemorrhaging players right? How foolish of us to suggest changes that would keep players logging in and having fun :roll_eyes:.

6 Likes

Still amazed that they don’t adopt the MoP/WoD systems that we had.

16 Likes

Let them eat cake

6 Likes

getting honor faster isnt the issue. being forced into rated play to compete in random bgs is.

29 Likes

and let me cut to the chase, it doesn’t work when casual bgs are full of rated boosters demolishing you just because you don’t want to push yourself into competitive mode or pay more money to get carried and would rather relax and have fun, hell I have more fun doing low level bg’s than max level. My friend tried so hard to get me into arenas, I told him I just can’t with the condition of this pvp season.

9 Likes

I’m so glad the players immediately disputed this. This is such an absurd claim.

16 Likes

It’s about metrics now buddy

Someone got clapped on the back for adding huge rep grind to every single piece of pvp gear

2 Likes

why increase the honor gained instead of reducing the honor upgrade cost?

honor gained also plays into honor level, something players have been grinding for several years, a flat out 40% increase to honor for a grind that can take months to years is huge

2 Likes

im probably going to get a lot of crap for this but in the early MoP days we had pvp power and pvp resilience. I thought hose were good ways of addressing the pvp issues at the time. maybe we can bring something like that back? also gearing now requires an insane amount of hours to get to the best in slot for pvp gear such as obtaining socketing for the pvp gear. im a returning player still getting pvp gear in shadowlands but it looks like it will take days of playing just to get enough stygia to add 1 socket. gearing in pvp should be obtained from pvping and not farming outside of pvp. this form of gearing turns a lot of people off to pvp and even causes would be pvpers to quit the game, my self included. i only came back because i recently got more into the lore of the game but im starting to get turned off by the way we have to gear for pvp again

2 Likes

Blizzard your post was such an insult. You could have simply told us 4 months ago during the 9.1.5 ptr Forums (when you never responded to us) to go pound sand. You guys are so disrespectful to our time in asking for feedback only to ignore it and then go against it months later. You guys are utterly incompetent. I have never seen the community as unified about anything as we have been about gearing and yet you insist that there must be this horribly designed tier system.

You guys have an entire game based off of PvP skill. OVETWATCH! That’s your game. Do you see tier sets in that game? No. People play because the gameplay is amazing. If you lose, it’s not because of gear. I guarantee you that if you put gear into that game like you have in SL, you would see a major drop in participation. What works in PvE doesn’t work in PvP!

Can you please get somebody who actually understands PvP to run PvP? You are not a small indie company and I am tired of this bs. You guys act like it’s some major fix that needs to happen. It’s literally a numbers change. We aren’t asking for much at all. It makes no sense from a business standpoint, even when you consider tokens and boosting. It doesn’t make sense from a design standpoint and it sure as hell isn’t fun. This is so frustrating. You guys are actively choosing to disregard a majority of player feedback.

20 Likes

Also your council…and yes this is relevant to this topic. We all know that is a pr stunt to make us peasants think you are listening. Preach gaming said you already had one and he is in it. You also have mountains upon mountains of feedback for free via the forums that you set up as the primary source for feedback! You also have twitch and YouTube. You had major streamers and professionals who are in touch with your player base.

Just the fact that you decided to do this council should be enough proof of how disconnected you are to your own player base. As a business, that’s a horrible thing. We are in this mess because you guys are arrogant and do not listen to your own base. There is a major disconnect which is causing this simple gearing issue to be a real issue and frustration that I’m tired of trying to articulate to you guys. Get your act together, stop wasting our time and do your job.

12 Likes

A 40% increase to honor gains has the same effect as reducing the prices. So maybe one change is much easier to implement? Changing the price of a bunch of items/upgrade ranks vs just changing a single buff?

1 Like

I feel kinda bad for players who are just starting out with their main, fresh 60 (not an alt) and have to get gear for the first time. The power gap might not be insane in a fully upgraded honor set (233), but getting to that point the power gap is massive. You don’t start with this honor set, you have to get it first. Starting with over 100 ilvl gap between leveling gear and duelist gear is absurd (and why I sometimes might feel bad). Getting the honor, and screwing over your team in the meantime, can’t be fun.

For the people leveling alts though, I don’t feel bad. It’s insanely easy to gear up alts right now, and this just made it even easier. If you have 20-30k health imma hunt you down and kill as you as a resto druid

Guess we’ll see how close to honor level 1000 I can get with +40% honor though

2 Likes

The saddest thing this expansion was how poorly the “stat squish” was implemented. Never in any expansion of wow, did 5-10k hp make such a ridiculous difference between owning someone or getting stomped so hard, they beat you with full hp (because their off-heals constantly heal for 30k+ while hitting you for that hard too). I’m glad 9.3 is the end. I feel next expansion its just going to be worse though.

7 Likes

I wonder why they said this. This gives me hope that they’re maybe thinking of re-thinking this in S3.

But yeah otherwise nothing much really except “we saw the feedback that gearing is bad”.

1 Like

Also, if they’re gonna give us +40% honor, they had best be letting us buy our marks of honor boxes in stacks

What Blizztard meant to say was:

“We foresee a 40% increase in WoW Token sales by adding an increase to honor gains. Keep purchasing WoW Tokens ‘players’, you’ll get the upper hand eventually. Thank you all. Bleep you all. Thanks for your time.”

9 Likes

Now it’ll be 29% less unfun :slight_smile:

Why even have this stupid community council if they are not going to listen?
That’s it for me, honestly wish I did not even resub at this point. This is more then missing the mark.

15 Likes