Blizz wants us to have SSD for Shadowlands?

SSDs are super cheap in the states atleast. you can a 250gb samsung ssd for $50. You can put WoW on that and maybe another game or 2.

I’m actually upgrading my computer and i dropped about $200 on a 1TB m.2 SSD (ssd on steroids) for it.

Just got another myself, filled up the other 2. Amazon had a Samsung 1TB one picked up for $80

1 Like

240’s are also available for 20-30 range, which lets you hold Windows plus every Blizzard game. Edit: Edit to clarify every Blizzard game, not Activision partner games.

1 Like

Doesn’t really matter as long as you can fit windows and WoW on it.

I mean, these are ALMOST the same price as mechanical hard drives at this point if you’re 500gb or under.

I got my 1TB NVME m.2 SSD for 89 dollars. If you are running ANYTHING without an SSD, your experience is severely degraded anyway, you’re better off getting one and cloning your existing drive onto it and moving into 2015. 5 years late.

2 Likes

Ah you’re one of those who kiss their bums.

Gotcha.

2 Likes

I guarantee that the game will run fine without a SSD. It will just run more optimally with one. Listing it in the requirements is a common marketing tactic that people will do to 1) encourage more people to buy upgrades so that it’s easier to improve the game without having people still left with the bare minimum and 2) partnering with hardware companies.

3 Likes

Your game will load faster.

That’s it, people and hack media are seriously overblowing this, it wont be like trying to run RDR2 with an integrated GPU.

2 Likes

It also makes it easier to tell people “you’re running under the minimum requirements so of course your experience is trash”. They don’t have to try to support issues caused by outdated hardware, even if it will actually run the game.

1 Like

I can see that being a case too. As bad as the support forum is in the past few years, I can now see all those people who troll it on a regular basis replying to people’s tech issues in SL with “do you have a SSD?!?!?”

Nothing works for Mac users, you should know that already.

1 Like

Minimum requirements are the minimally supported system requirements, so.

You can make it work under that point, but it’s not supported if it doesn’t.

Yeah, I’m not saying it’s some shady underhanded thing.

You know very little about computers, then claim to know anything about the optimization of WoW ,then just toss out a random insult. You seem like a cool person.

J/k hope your day brightens up!

2 Likes

My favorite part of these threads: watching people who have no idea what they are talking about make fools of themselves.

:smiley:

:confused:

I am sorry.

I mean if you aren’t cooling your ssds with custom water blocks are you even a gamer.

1 Like

You have to build it like The Verge did to really optimize your build quality.

That was so bad. With the amount of guides out on YouTube I have no idea how that video was allowed to be released. Then they double down on the stupidity by dropping dmca takedowns on people pointing out the stuff ups.

Yeah, those cheeky jerks put the 1TB one on sale shortly after I bought that 500 gig one.

I don’t have much free time so I didn’t install much on it.

Besides as I was going through my old drive I realized most of the games that I used to enjoy don’t even run properly under windows 10.

If I ever get around and reassemble an older machine I will pop 98 And xp on separate partitions and install them there.

Can macs right click yet?

In all seriousness if you aren’t already using a SSD since like 2012, what they hell are you even doing? If you can’t afford an SSD go back to consoles.

You can get an SSD for Shadowlands cheaper than you can actually get Shadowlands lmao.