Blizz wants us to have SSD for Shadowlands?

No, no I’m not. If some people don’t want to take the chance of screwing it all up by doing it themselves having a part installed can add a lot on to the cost. I don’t want to mess around with my motherboard and such. You assume because you know how to do it that it will be easy for others because there is a video? There are videos of things I know how to do as well and its logical fallacy to assume it’s going to be easy for everyone to do simply because there is a video for it.

Yes it makes it less noticeable that they can’t make their game correctly anymore

2 Likes

No, not really. SSD’s come relatively cheap now. It’s graphics cards which’re now the real expensive thing.

1 Like

There’s no chance to be taken. You’re not messing with the Motherboard. You are simply plugging a cable into it. It’s like plugging a phone charger into a wall. It’s literally 1 cable, and you can look it up online too. That’s how I learned how to install/fix PC parts.

At this point in time you seem to have no interest in spending a small sum of money to improve your PC and you don’t care for anyone to help/teach you how. It’s easy to see you came here just to complain, so I’m done here.

2 Likes

It’s an easy, worthwhile install. Huge difference, when I first upgraded from my WoD pc to my legion one with ssd in load times. SSD cable(s) run about another $8 on older models but there are tons of sales around and upcoming. This is a guide for buyers and builders on what min-max specs to aim for when building/upgrading a pc.

1 Like

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Blizzard-You-will-need-an-SSD-to-play-World-of-Warcraft-Shadowlands.490876.0.html

According to multiple user reports that were shared on the official forum, the game simply loads much faster when installed on an SSD, but should work just fine on a hard drive for those who have a bit of patience. Remains to see if Blizzard will change the list of minimum system requirements accordingly before the October 27 global launch of World of Warcraft: Shadowlands.

You should still get an SSD because why punish yourself over using a spinnig disk in 2020, but it seems it will still work on the ancient hard drive.

1 Like

Do you pay someone to change lightbulbs in your house? You know, screwing around with electricity and all.

4 Likes

Thank god. I couldn’t handle your making excuses for Blizzard.

You should pay someone to come up with better analogies. You know, words and all.

Literally made me laugh out loud. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Arguing about the necessity of an SSD for gaming (which all new consoles are btw) in 2020 is a strange hill to die on, IMO.

It’s not 2005 anymore. SSDs aren’t expensive or small anymore. Technology is there to make changing it out relatively painless for even the most inexperienced users.

1 Like

So let me get this straight - people are willing to spend hours . . .days . . . weeks to get some shiny pixels but can’t spend 10 minutes to install a SSD.

3 Likes

get the internal ones

1 Like

And people can’t wait a few seconds for things to load? That’s the same logic.

the interstellar travel gates probably contribute to the SSD requirement.

2 Likes

Oh it’s more than a few seconds, and then add that up for every load screen.

What exactly do you have against SSDs? lol. This has been common in builds for a long, long time now. Like before Ryzen, before 2000 series graphics cards. It’s the best way to speed up an old system. There is no down side to this. In fact, it’ll make people’s lives better overall. Cannot be overstated the difference it makes compared to HDD.

If you don’t want to install it yourself, I’m sure you know someone who can help you.

My entire hard drive is SSD. Took a smaller one because of that…

Did blizz specifically state any specific SSD? Nope. So them saying to get a SSD has a what in what chance to get them money? So sit down Alex, go back to crying that platforms are kicking you off for tinfoil hatting stuff

It is 2020 and they are NOT going away. They are easily taught by videos, and there is NO reason to not know how to do BASIC stuff like putting in ram, drives, etc. It is seriously no different than plugging in a few cables…