Blizz tells gamerrant they want Wrath to "Feel like vanilla"

Oh right, I forgot. That explains why Naxx40 launched with Classic in 2019.
Wait…no it didn’t…

To be clear, we’re getting patch 3.4.x. We are getting all the systems set to 3.3.5a. If it’s content, it is progressive. If it’s systems, it’s 3.3.5a.

Pretending otherwise is trolling, or actually being dumb.

3 Likes

Please reconsider removing LFD and add it back.
It took me 2 hours as a level 24 healer to find a group.

19 Likes

Oh wait I forgot classic launched with 1.0 class design, oh wait wait i forgot BG’s launched without CRBG’s in classic.

1 Like

Will this be optional (i can’t recall if it was bad in the day) when it is released? Personally I prefer to play the game without having quest directing functions and find myself incredibly unengaged with the content when it is forced.

Being able to choose to have this function on or off would be much appreciated for players like myself.

3 Likes

Every time they announce something I get less and less excited to play wrath. It was the only version of classic I was remotely interested in.

Really hate this company anymore.

5 Likes

Remember in 2018 when Blizz said that Naxx 40 wouldn’t ever be in Classic?

Well, they did say that about dungeon finder in Wrath.

By the way, remember when bgs were added to Classic and there no battle masters. You had to go to the instance portal to queue. And obviously they weren’t cross-realm in Classic right from the start.

Oh wait, Blizz went straight to the last patch 1.12 version. Just like every other system in Classic and TBCC. Except one: dungeon finder.

I see what you did there.

Great, now that you have shown a willingness to change you mind, please do so with RDF. Player feedback is overwhelming for having RDF and having RDF wont keep players from playing but not having it will.

18 Likes

We’re not talking about adding difficulty levels though. That’s kinda my whole point. People are twisting the words in the article to mean “Mythic+”, and there’s absolutely no semblance of Mythic+ in anything they said in the article.

I’m not sure what you’re talking about. What part of this article, or anything that we’re talking about points to people having more trouble getting into heroics when it’s time?

Keep in mind, the article specifically says that they want to add these challenges later in the game once people are more geared. Adding an extra challenge and reward to the dungeon runs we’re already doing isn’t going to make it harder to get into dungeons, unless your definition of getting into 5-man heroics is “being able to join LITERALLY ANY GROUP”, because that already doesn’t exist. The insecure min/maxers are going to flock together whether they add challenges to the dungeons or not.

When we’re in the ToC and ICC phases and there are 5-man heroics that literally award gear with the same item level as the previous raid, even the most casual players will be running around in full sets of epic gear, and they’ll be able to PUG raids. Almost all of the 5-man heroics will be utterly trivial in difficulty and rewards to the overwhelming majority of players.

I already addressed that, what exactly do you think they mean by challenge modes?

Will it actually be something interesting? Or will it just be mythic+ style?

Once again this comes down to what are challenge modes? If there aren’t multiple difficulties and they are supposed to be hard for someone in say Ulduar gear then they become inaccessible to someone in entry level 80 gear.

Or maybe they’ll normalize gear in 5 mans, yeah that’ll be great…

1 Like

there will be more to come. wrath 3 months in I see getting 9.1.(5)? code.

around 9.1.x was when authenticator code went in iirc. Authenticated? you can make custom lfg ads. No autheticator? Bare bones default ad.

this will be to offset the overt carry spam. but not really…they still do it. they jsut authenticated. or…you find out once you sign up.

These are some of the best changes I’ve seen. I’m so glad dungeon finder is gone and truly didn’t think Blizzard had it in them to go against all of the cry babies that go up in arms over every single change in the game. I’ve been playing the game since 2005 and I can say that Dungeon Finder pretty much ruined the game. The amount of toxic behavior that goes on, the amount of ninja looting and kicking someone that is 12 dps too low for the groups liking. Just imagine the amount of non-english speakers showing up in the dungeons right now too, all of these indonesians. The game is 100x better without it. I love spamming dungeons right now, sure it takes a little extra time to get there but people are generally polite to one another and it’s usually a pretty good experience. Thank you Blizzard.

2 Likes

Good. Now if you’ll just change your stance on the dungeon finder as well, I think we’ll all be happy.

12 Likes

Mobile Authenticator went into the game in Wrath though. (TBC was only the physical RSA key).

release it with launch, with a toggle button like it had before (which was automatically off). Also, release LFD with launch too. The reasons coming from blizz for removing it are not for “community” but for your “time-played” metrics. The players are not fools. People want to play it as it was, not to feel more like vanilla.

3 Likes

See:

Again, I’m guessing it will be boss-specific tasks you can do as I outlined above. Basically the same way they did hard modes in Ulduar. Or how they did the achievements for Sarth 3D. I don’t think it will be something you activate by right-clicking your unit frame.

Those ideas I had for what the “interesting challenge” are just conjecture, of course, but they are a good (and perfectly plausible) example of how you could add an extra layer to heroics while not also making those rewards inaccessible to people who have less skill or gear. And actually, I think it’s really cool to think that each phase will have better and better catchup gear, so even for the more casual players who won’t raid, these dungeon challenges will add an additional layer of progression for them throughout the entire expansion.

[Edit]: By the way, I think we should probably stay away from using the words “challenge mode” or anything of the sort. There’s just no evidence that it will be like that.

For people who don’t raid, the extra challenge in dungeons might actually be too difficult at first, but as we progress into later phases and even the gear from normal 5-mans approaches the item level of the early raiding gear, they’ll be able to overcome them quite easily if my thinking is close to the mark.

At the end of the day, it’s not a bad thing if things that are specifically supposed to be challenging are inaccessible to the most casual players at least at first. That’s kinda the whole point of a challenge. Especially when you consider that this change is supposed to keep heroic dungeons more interesting for the people who have enough gear to just breeze through everything without thinking (which will be a LOT of people).

The article said that you’ll always be able to get the “original” gear and rewards from the dungeons. Meaning that any changes resulting from this vague “interesting challenge” are going to be optional, and won’t affect the people who don’t pursue them.

Did it control how ads could be put up?

I Was not in wrath first time so I’d not know.
For retail prior to this 9.1 change…all it was was the extra spot in bag. and security. all it did. no other impact.

Non-authenticated could type a novel for ads. so they could spam on “bot” accounts with all the details. "bots’ quoted since even after change the spam is there. they jsut authenticated. It reduced the ads, yes. its cleaner these days.

we are offering the basic AOTC package blah blah blah…

after this…default only. lfg raid/dungeon x. no detail whatsoever beyond that.

The concept of ads in LFG is definitely a problem in Classic though.

How stupid would you have to be to stay at a job where your bosses are known sexual abusers that led an intern to suicide during the hottest job market in recent history?

There’s your answer

1 Like