Blizz should mail everyone a free 493 ilvl raid item next week

Because of the timewalking chest bug, many players got an item with a much lower ilvl than they were promised. It seems like Blizz isn’t gonna patch these items to the right ilvl, so they should make up for it by mailing these people a random Normal raid item next reset.

4 Likes

Not gonna happen. Don’t trip over yourself to be a world first timewalking quest completer next time. This isn’t the first time something like this happened. You didn’t need the item for progression.

New patch/season/expansion things, especially 1 time/weekly things, should be done with much caution.

4 Likes

I got the proper item this week, if Blizz mailed out all those who got it right will get double

Just go run M0s. They aren’t going to do anything most likely. They didn’t the last time it happened.

2 Likes

Blizzard has a nasty habit of not fixing mistakes like this. It goes both ways too, often times early birds get to exploit early and often with no punishment while everyone else deals with the nerfed version and sometimes this stuff happens. All around it sucks.

1 Like

It’s par for the course though. I’ve no doubt Blizzard “could” fix this. They could query the data and find all the completed quests with this ID or having received the box ID for the period up until the hotfix was confirmed fixing things and find out all the affected players and do some kind of replace on it.

It’s easy to theorize on a forum post though. In reality, there will be people who DE’d or vendored the item or who haven’t looted the chest or any other scenario. There are probably false negatives who then get a double item or extra box.

In reality, this won’t matter. The people who got screwed (and I’ve been one of them in the past) losing their world first raiding spot or now suddenly not getting their 0.01% mythic+ title. Normal raid gear, while strong today, is riff raff gear by the time this rolls around again. Leveling in TWW is going to be no easier or harder with or without this piece.

It really should be a lesson for those to stop bum rushing brand new season/patch/expansion content. There is far too high a chance something is wrong and all of history shows the “lucky” guinea pigs aren’t getting extra snack pellets for the honor of being the guinea pig bug finder.

this has happened before - I don’t remember them ever fixing this if you got too low an item. If you got too high an item they do it the next day…

Or you can just run an m0

Applying that logic to any service or sales isnt good long term for the business itself. Its one thing if the player did it to themselves, its another to implement a system, allow part of your consumers to benefit and others not to.

Counterpart, since you said “you dont need it for progression” then the devs should go ahead and delete all the items from the weekly this week. This way everyone loses, no one benefits, and there isnt unfair advantages week 1 of a new season. Surely you have no issue right?

1 Like

Counterpoint, this loot isnt for TWW but rather S4 of DF. So it does actually impact current gameplay for some (not all) players

1 Like

The idea that has been put forward that people shouldn’t “bum rush” this content seems pretty stupid to me. I could see this being a valid point if this were some new, never before seen featue. It isn’t though, as running time walkers and getting an item from a chest has been around for some time. Players should be able to safely assume that something like this will work. What should they do otherwise, log in, stand around, and do nothing instead of actually playing?

I’m not sure what the actual fix should be. It seems that upgrading the player item, whether the player needs it or not, would be the way to go. I’m not sure what you do for someone who got a fish though.

This is crap. I got hosed, again. I guess it was beta.

anyone even need this ?

I don’t get why a screenshot of your incorrect loot to somebody can’t resolve this, even if they reset the quest or send you a new random box.

I just think it’s that it would require actual effort.

I thought this was going to be a troll post making fun of certain types of players who want the best rewards for doing the easiest content but here we are, a sincere post. lol :rofl:

This is the best recourse in my opinion.

Would it be nice if they did it? Yes
Is it likely? Nope
More gear from running a dungeon than posting about it. (I say with 48 more hours of work between now and Monday :sob:)