Blizz ruining classes randomly

This is so out of touch.

Nerfing a death knights absorb by 50% and it’s healing by 50% does not functionally change the class. It’s still the same class. Still the same rotation, damage dealing, utility, etc. It simply has less survivability, which was drastically needed in this case.

Your hyperbole does not reflect reality. In fact, most of the “sweeping” changes you’re talking about are not that extreme. Blizzard has historically buffed and nerfed in relatively small increments. The massive buffs/nerfs are reserved for extreme examples. Death Knight survivability was extreme, and the nerf was warranted.

This coming from a 10 year DK player.

3 Likes

Not to be the debby downer here, but these tuning passes should have been done in Beta…

2 Likes

I agree with you. But it doesn’t really affect anything of substance, because Season 1 hasn’t even started. For all intents and purposes, this is still the beta for rated PvP/raiding/M+.

Not possible for PvE alone. People figure out new stuff pretty much on a daily basis. Inclduing for the sims. And the playerbase is vastly superior to blizzard in that regard.

Gets even more complicated if we add pvp into the mix.

3 Likes

At least you weren’t nerfed by 25% across the board

play a survival hunter, everybody underestimates you and expects nothing out of you and then their eyes pop out of their head when they see you popping off on the meters

1 Like

Who’s we? I never asked for this.

Weird you’re posting this on a priest. I don’t think you fully understand how badly this impacts DKs in 2s/3s/BGs. The nerf to ams and to both normal and improved healing, will harm the class. If you’d mained a DK for 10 years, as you claim, you’d realize this. I don’t think you’ve mained a DK ever.

5 Likes

From one long time hunter to another, I’ll drink to that.

1 Like

The player base as a whole has asked for tuning changes more often to address over and underperforming specs.

And priest? What? Look again?

Mained a DK for 10 years, don’t really care what you think about it, I still did. You obviously didn’t play a DK all through the beta like I did, because DK sustain was over the top. Their magic mitigation was through the roof and their healing was absurd. I do admit this should have been addressed WELL before now, but I’m not surprised they finally nerfed it.

Nerfs were warranted.

1 Like

Things that aren’t true for $1000, Alex.

They are not warranted to this degree. Even one of the very best DKs in the game, Mes doesn’t think this degree of nerf was necessary.

Frost mage will have to become super terrible for me to choose arcane or fire over it. My guild only plans to do normal and heroic so there’s no real stress to be the meta. Honestly unless a class is unplayably bad or you’re going off pure pugging, I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

1 Like

I haven’t had enough time to play yet so my dk is only 63 or something, but I guess I’ll see how I feel on it once I hit 70 in a few weeks. It’s just strange seeing a flat across-the-board nerf like that. My Blood DK was generally ignored since… I don’t even know at this point, there was some minor changes from Legion to BFA, but nothing like THIS.

And I can’t help but think I was a bystander hit in some drive-by. Those nerfs were probably aimed at frost and unholy after they took my blood talents and made them an option to every DK class.

Again, I won’t know for certain till I get there, but I have a feeling I’m going to be terribly disappointed after I hit 70.

1 Like

You can disagree all you want, and quote whatever streamer you want.

Bottom line is Blizz agrees and it got nerfed. Now either live with it or move on.

1 Like

Unless you are racing for world first, you already are. There have been no unviable classes or specs in the game for several expansions now.

Not useless no. It might not be the top notch optimal class anymore, but it is not far behind.

Don’t worry, even if you happen to randomly select the spec that happens to be the worst, it will still perform well enough for every content in the game.

Then maybe they should stop using beta keys as a promotional tool in streams and actually open them up to EVERYONE so that they can get the proper data needed.

Changes should absolutely be expected but HUGE shifts a few days after players decide what to spend time on is absolute garbage.

There is absolutely no excuse for it.

1 Like

Its part of their plan. DF severly lacks in content.

They randomly buff and nerf classes so people will reroll and have replay value, and lazy players will buy more boosts.

Balancing classes is very easy, but theres a reason why they are intentionally not doing it.

1 Like

im guessing you dont do pvp or mythic+

1 Like

From your perspective ? When there exist only 1 dps ,1 tank and 1 heal. There fore you would only have one choice for each spec.

So I would say NEVER in your case.

Or raid beyond normal.

right? pet battler pov