Blizz needs to make professions even more tedious in War Within

I’m trying to make two Engineering toys in these waning days of Dragonflight: Centralized Precipitation Emitter and Element-Infused Rocket Helmet. Cool. I check the Wowhead guide and I can learn the recipes with an easy to get Mechanical Mind-Novelties at level 15.

Great, I think. For the Precipitation Emitter, it says I need to make a Zapthrottle Soul Inhaler in order to get certain “souls”. Fine. To get the recipe for the Soul Inhaler, though, I need TWENTY points into the Scrapper subspec of Optimized Efficiency. Well I already went with Mechanical Mind to get the toy recipes and now I need an Engineering level of 60 just to unlock the Optimized Efficiency subspec.

Fine. I’m at 57. What’s 3 measly levels in Engineering. Let’s check my recipes. Geez… OK I have a few recipes that give big skill ups but it’s for things I already have and don’t even sell on the AH…

You know what? Even talking about it is confusing and I’m not even halfway down the rabbit hole. I also haven’t even gotten into recipes I’ll need that are rare drops from rare NPCs. And this NPC also needs another device to summon him each and every time I don’t get the recipe drop.

So for War Within, can Blizzard add a few more layers of tedium to the profession system? Maybe add a few more levels of item quality that might interfere with crafting? Maybe make us collect scraps of recipes (all of which drop from rare NPCs) that need to be combined along with having a certain subspec at a certain level and requiring us to bunny hop backwards while attempting to sing the Stormwind Theme in pig latin?

That would be helpful.

51 Likes

I liked the idea they had for professions but I think they went too far down the rabbit hole.

49 Likes

This is why I pick flowers and mine rocks

40 Likes

Professions used to be one of my favorite parts of the game.

Now I avoid them except when I absolutely have to do them.

34 Likes

They really tried to make professions its own end game content, rather than side content for you to do in your down time.

I really, really hate it.

Edit: I hate profession so much than when going for the DF meta achievement, I used Artisan’s Consortium contracts and ground out world quests for rep…

25 Likes

dragonflight professions are terrible imo.

16 Likes

Do they needed to be overhauled absolutely…but as blizzard does, they go from one extreme to the opposite, there is no middle ground. Goes from a fairly
useless pre DF to a overcomplicated. Grindy mess in DF

11 Likes

I’m surprised they didn’t go back to old school mining where each click on an ore node only gave 1 ore and you had to click it repeatedly to get all the ore. They could do that with herbs too. Maybe War Within will have those.

8 Likes

you can just skip the process and put an work order in with all the mats and 500g and get the toys made for you.

If you don’t like the process why do it?

8 Likes

I’ll give that a try.

3 Likes

I probably should do that myself before the expansion is over if the recipes are rare drops and my engineering is fully maxed out.

1 Like

You forgot the special workbench needed only avalible in an overcrowded laggy capitol city.

12 Likes

Yes they messed them up so badly that it is gross now.

:man_surfing: :surfing_woman:

9 Likes

avid profession guy for many expansions and i have to say dragonflight is the best we’ve had yet. 10/10

5 Likes

I have been big in professions since WotLK and professions are at their lowest point in the history of the game.

:man_surfing: :surfing_woman:

13 Likes

To quote South Park:

"No - Ohohohononono — I have a life. :smiley: "

2 Likes

The DF profession system… Work orders included is the most ridiculous thing they have put in this game.

And I was here for selfie camera and twitter integration.

6 Likes

This game has professions?

Edit: If you get into the Alpha or early Beta please look at professions and give LOTS of feedback on your honest thoughts about it. How it feels, what you think, how long it took you, and anything else like how confused something made you if it did. Don’t be afraid to voice your opinion this is entertainment we pay for.

4 Likes

It feels awful to have actually maxed out a profession and still be blocked by some rare recipe refusing to drop for the entire expansion.

8 Likes

you know I looked on my engineer what I was missing and I can’t figure out which toy he is talking about because all I didn’t have is that party platter and that is just annoying but not RNG. It took me about 30 minutes to get it because my engineer is a mage so I didn’t have to find someone to help me.

1 Like