Blizz - It's Time To Upgrade Servers/AH

Programming that wasn’t designed for over about 60k auctions topped by a poorly designed kludge that was supposed to “fix” it.

100k+ auctions on Pagle today.

So… Blizzard, time for a new AH backend and code?

Mankrik had 170k yesterday.

They have a new AH designed for this server architecture, however, I hope they don’t load it since I make way more gold off the Classic AH.

2 Likes

Wait… wouldn’t that be changes?! O.o

:stuck_out_tongue:

Yea it does sound like some infrastructure upgrades might be in order to handle modern player counts. Crazy stuff though!

Hopefully they do bring in the AH overhaul to Classic, without the cross faction bit. Would kill the majority of scummy AH behaviors, and people posting hundreds of singles would be a non-issue.

Something has to give unless we hope for bleeding of player count but honestly, it seems like it’s just getting worse!

ban TSM and similar addons

problem solved

you’re stupid if you think addons are the issue.

3 Likes

Ban posting of multiple, singular, stackable items.

Ban posting of anything more than 15% different than the current average posted price.

Remove bids.

All about as good as banning AH addons.

Then they better bring in the Retail AH.

The ‘stock’ AH from yesteryear is atrocious. And easily exploited.

Want to screw over the entire server? Post single-count stacks of items with a low bid amount but high buyout.

When people go to sort by ‘Current Bid’ it sorts by the “lowest bid”. But because you’ve set the bid amount well below the buyout, you can effectively make it impossible to buy any item. Unless said buyers want to page through 100+ pages of your listings.

BTW: It’s not AH addon causing this current situation. Because if it was it would be present in Classic, which it’s not. Even in the early months of Classic the AH only had minor lag (even on servers like Pagle).

This started when TBCC dropped. My bet is it has to do with the WoW Token discovered; as in they are implementing it into the AH (like on Retail) and it’s causing some problems due to the archaic code of the older version of the game.

EDIT: I say this because the severe lag only, as far as I can recall, started right around the time WoWhead reported on the discovery of the WoW Token for the NA/EU TBCC servers.

1 Like

Regardless, it’s horrendous and seems to be getting worse, even in the middle of weekdays.

It’s getting bad, but still not as bad as BfA launch, but we might get there.

I don’t remember bad AH at BfA launch but BfA is like a bad memory so… :wink:

it was bad, horrible, it’s the reason they eventually upgraded the ah.

Ahh, the art of pulling stuff out of one’s dark orifices.

BFA didn’t contribute any more or less to the need and desire for them to rework the AH. They just never applied serious development effort to it till then.

The AH, as in classic and TBC, has ALWAYS been a cluster you know what.

Bring on the new commodities AH.

They wouldn’t have upgraded it if the BfA AH wasn’t unusable, it’s not butt pulling to say that.

An AH add on completely solves the issue of people posting hundreds of single items at low bids with high buyouts since you can actually sort by lowest buyout.

Are people actually using the AH without an add on right now? If so do you not have bartender, weak auras, DBM, bagnon, elvui, or any other add ons?

Wow has always had quality of life add ons. Go get TSM and watch your AH issues disappear.

That’s not the issue people are talking about.

It’s the issue of the AH being laggy as hell and blizzard knows it is, sure the single items are probably part of the lag problem, but it’s the sheer volume of items on the ah, far more than it was designed for back in 2004

Yeah, this isn’t rocket science though. The have the money and resources to improve it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.