It's time for Night Elf Paladins!

Night elves haven’t had it easy the last few expansions. Who could forget Malfurion, a NE leader getting absolutely clapped in the Darkheart Thicket as he whined for “Tyranduhh!”? Then of course in BFA, in game genocide turned into a meme. Wherever there’s a burning tree or a log on an open fire - Teldrassil is brought up. Willing to guess NElves are tired of being roasted

So here’s a thought: Blizz we’re heading into Shadowlands and I’d love to see playable Night Elf Paladins. I think now is the perfect time and I’m super interested in how NElves cope post-BFA. Maybe some NElves turn to the light to seek RETRIBUTION. Perhaps some would like to provide PROTECTION to the remaining Nelves. There’s a strong basis in the lore for NE pallies through the Moonfangs, Elune, priestesses…etc. Most importantly, there’s a mutual fit between Paladins and NEs, now more than ever.

Blizz, we felt the love with the added SL customization. However, I’ll be honest, anecdotally I rarely see Night warrior customization used and I suspect we’ll see it in SL even less - personally I think this fell pretty flat. Let’s support an actual NE comeback in Shadowlands with an often requested Class/Race combo: Night Elf PALADINS!

If nothing else…jump into the shadowlands dressing room on Wowhead, put a white bearded NE in Lightbringer armour…in many ways it inspired this post :slight_smile:.

Thanks.

17 Likes

Night elf Paladin always made sense. We are the best priests and we also have some of the most skilled warriors. Literally it’s just sticking those things together. In a different “light” perhaps but the same idea. Warrior of Elune.

10 Likes

If I can have Forsaken Paladins of all the elf races please and Forsaken Lightforged Paladins also.

undead can’t use the light Paladina!!!

blah blah… I don’t care!

Anyone who tells you this is lying.

6 Likes

You are my new bestest buddy, I love that you came out fighting from MY corner!

That never happens!

You are an amazing person dear, I will never forget this! :rofl:

/hugs

2 Likes

If memory serves, there’s a forsaken paladin at the pally class hall in Legion.

I don’t think there would be anything wrong with this. In fact, I’ve seen this requested as well in the past and supported by lore. Would be pretty cool if Blizz added this along with NE paladins from a faction balance standpoint.

3 Likes

The light is not in opposition to undead. Nature is and forsaken can be monks, so…

1 Like

Might be possible eventually. But Blizz did say in the interviews last month that there’s no plans to add more race/class combos in Shadowlands. So you may have to wait awhile!

1 Like

I agree and is part of my reasoning. By giving Alliance access to Forsaken models via NE and Void elves, I honestly think it would be embraced and Alliance would see some population growth, could be wishful thinking though. :laughing:

Didn’t legion teach us that anyone can be a paladin as long as they put on paladin armor and grab a sword?

2 Likes

It’s funny how wrong you are.

Indeed, and holy cow Hamstar I just saw your post count! :open_mouth:

I so rarely bump into you, so here have a big /hug and it’s great seeing you my friend! Stay safe! :mask:

Lorewise - sure.

In game playable paladin races? Don’t know about that, it seems like Blizz wants some some degree of exclusivity. Not that I fully agree with it.

Night Elves don’t get Paladins until Forsaken get Demon Hunters :smiley:

1 Like

Well I think we are. There are many different iterations of priest in WoW… who do you think make the best priests? We are just the only ones that follow a different religion. Draenei would be my second vote.

Of course there is the fact I’m a little biased here haha. :blush:

Nawh. I’m trying to kill them all.

Trolls for sure.

Forsaken follow the Forgotten Shadow, trolls follow the loa, tauren worship An’she, Pandaren follow the Celestials, the Shadowmoon orcs worship the Dark Star, Kul’tirans worship the elements and the Void and the void elves are bound to the void.

1 Like

Aside from night elf paladins not really being culturally a thing for them, I have one thing I must say because i’ve seen so many people repeat this. The Malfurion who was saying “WARE R U TEARANDA? I NEED U?” was an illusion of xavius made to distract tyrande from what was really important. It has no bearing on Malfurion as a person.

1 Like

Might be possible eventually. But Blizz did say in the interviews last month that there’s no plans to add more race/class combos in Shadowlands. So you may have to wait awhile!

Maybe it’s a long shot. That said, Blizz also told us that we didn’t want WoW Classic. They also told us if we wanted fair-skinned elves, the horde was waiting. I don’t think it hurts to add another NE pally request to the pile, even if they don’t come anytime soon.

No, it’s not