@Blizz Ideal design changes for Pres

I’ve played pres all xpac, and have gotten close to skill cap in terms of spec knowledge (if not execution). Pres is the best designed spec in game, and this mix of changes would make it even better in core fundamental ways.

1. Increase verdant embrace to 40 yards, either baseline or as a buff to a pvp talent. Pres is basically not able to heal most casters. 30 yd range for everything else is fine, but it needs a way to reach ranged allies. This change alone would double the list of viable comps
  2. Nerf tip the scales to not work with fire breath purge. Right now the pres vs. resto druid matchup is just too polarizing. I got two shuffle titles last season exclusively because I 6-0’d a long list of the best resto druids and it felt easy. A casted fire breath has counterplay and you can usually only purge one or two buffs, aoe purging 3 buffs with an instant cast without counterplay is not fair. Alternatively, buff druid dispel protection to count unique players. So if I purge two buffs off of two players that should give me 4 stacks and silence me, rather than only 2 stacks.
  3. Fix the bug of rewind/golden hour not counting damage taken while cyclone or diamond trapped
  4. Nerf obsidian scales in arena from a 30% to a 25% wall. Right now mastery is awkwardly polarizing and you’re such a bad kill target that you often wall just to stay ahead on mastery. Pres should be very tanky. Right now it’s too tanky.
  5. Buff reversion in pvp to be reduced to 6 second duration when spellstolen, the matchup vs arcane is just too polarizing because your healing is tuned around double reversion being up, and spam purges counter us too hard since we don’t have trash buffs. Alternatively reduce the cost of blessing of the bronze to 0 so every 15 sec we can put up three trash buffs for a global.
  6. Give pres some level of damage reduction. Ideally a 3/6% baked into reversion so we can handle long cc chains better.
  7. Nerf nullifying shroud duration from 30 to 20 seconds, extending its duration by 5 seconds when a charge is used up. It’s too strong versus comps like jungle and ret/war/fw that have neither purges nor spammable cc.
  8. Spammable living flame does too much damage relative to disintegrate, and disintegrate is too vulnerable to kicks given the high resource cost and it being a channel. Reduce the damage of living flame by 15%, and refund the essence burst and essence cost of disintegrate if you are kicked or cc’d on it.

Five through eight all strike me as homogenizing in a negative sense. Some of the earlier ideas are good, but reducing Pres’ weaknesses by that much seems like a bad idea

1 Like