Blizz, Hong Kong, Freedom of speech, lets have an Adult discussion

Hey I just answered your questions.

Yeah I know I got much deeper issues. 48 years of dealing with abuse can add up. The meds help. The trauma therapists and talking about it don’t. See the Joker answer this one…

All I am saying is you can point the finger and say its like this based on x and that’s just wrong. Sweeping generalizations used to be called stereotypes and were judged to be bad. Today we support instead of independent thought.

1 Like

It is a general discussion about World of Warcraft. There is an off topic forum and this sure the heck isn’t the Heartstone forum either. So if you want to try and be witty, at least be correct while attempting it.

1 Like

I explained how it applies to Warcraft, multiple times. Read and quote one of those with an applicable rebuttal or realize that no one made you click on the topic and move on.

Yeah, that happened in my neighborhood too. We had allot of Crip and Piru Blood sets around my neighborhood. I lived on the border between them. Allot of the white kids and lighter skinned kids had it hard. I think we all did, but especially them. Your statement about power controlling through division is a mouthful of truth. You are absolutely right.

1 Like

Expect your attempts failed because this was not an WoW activity. Using a “what if” doesn’t make it so.

1 Like

now who’s “trying” to be witty? No one forced you to participate.
Hopefully China doesn’t have a problem with something you ever say in /gchat , or a poster on your wall while you stream.
Sometimes it pays to ask where the line is going to be drawn before it ends up in your back yard.

You have my sympathy, dude. I’m not being sarcastic about that either. I grew up in a gang ridden inner city and spent 20 years as a news cameraman and most of that career was covering fire, car accidents, and homicides. I got diagnosed with PTSD a few years back and had to go on meds for some time, so I can somewhat relate. The therapists didn’t do much, but my wife and kids proved to be the best medicine for me. I’m not rich, white, or an elitist. I’m just some guy trying to give my family a better life than what I had. I guess that’s why I understand why Kap did what he did. I’m not a huge fan of his, and he was at best a mediocre quarterback. But I don’t think he was making a buck off of his skin color. I think he believed in his message.

3 Likes

I really think everyone is missing the point here…

Hearthstone is an e-sport!? RIP HotS.

1 Like

Yeah, it went a bit off topic…

Where have you been for the last… decade? I don’t even remember when it came about now, but it has been since it launched.

Seriously, you think Blizzard did this because “China told them so”? They did it because they are trying to keep their e-sports platform from being used by people for their political and social agendas. If they had done something, then what when someone from China counters with a statement? Or when someone goes after Trump or Sanders?

They are trying to stay out of these discussions because that is not the platform for them!

1 Like

If it was in their contract that they would not do it and they did? Yes, I would feel exactly the same.

Seriously, you don’t think this is about $$$$?
They don’t want the treatment the NBA is getting right now for not firing Daryl Morey.
The NBA took a neutral stance and China is punishing them. Blizzard appeased China, because of the implications not doing so would impact their bottom line.
“Did what they told them to”? I never said that. Took an action that they knew would appease them? Yes.

Thank you for saying that. The reason I said what I did was not to say something bad because of a persons skin color because you know what? Having working in a factory environment for my first 15 years working, I worked next to all kinds of people. I never judged them on something like race. I just saw people struggling like me. Some did things I didn’t do. Some did. Some were all about their families just like I was.

I just get tired of people who have never struggled or worked a life like those of us did tell someone like me how privileged I am. Not that it matters, but since I left home, I have been the only “white” person in my households (4 different ones). It wasn’t a selective choice - it was just the people I felt most comfortable with.

Edit - BTW Sorry to hear about the PTSD glad you were able to overcome it.

1 Like

I guess you guys have to boycott the Philadelphia 76ers

Thank you!

2 Likes

I would bet that guy would have gotten zero response if his sign would have said “impeach”, considering that type of topic has been discussed on inside the nba.
China these days is apparently kind of a big deal

Very thoughtful and well made post, honestly. Now please leave before your intelligence is wasted on internet forums.

Me either, started getting notifications.

Jesus lord these comments are a mess now lol