Blizz gifted me Sub time, A telling Sign

I start up my Bnet launcher from time to time and noticed that I had a gift from Blizzard. I checked it out and it was a 3 day Sub of gametime to try their return of Ashara or whatever… I laughed and said, Wow oh geez, they must be getting desperate. I don’t think this was in the kindness of their hearts to give me Sub time but because they haven’t hit the metrics they want with the release of 8.2

However this gametime will be a wasted gift as you couldn’t pay me to log into Retail like most of the WoW players who feel betrayed and needed to be won back with BFA but obviously that didn’t happen. They launched a barely finished game that needed to be pushed back 6 months.

Did anyone else get gifted Sub time? Will you use it? Or will you laugh hysterically like myself and eagerly wait for the return of World of Warcraft on 8-27-19

20 Likes

yah I have got them when I have been unsubbed before , it’s not a rare thing.

14 Likes

Everyone who bought BfA and isn’t currently subbed, got 3 days to try out 8.2. Those three days will expire before the Stress Test.

4 Likes

That makes sense, yea not gonna happen. I mean if I could make a Twink for 3 days… Oh wait… they removed Twinks… Sigh. Literally the last thing you could do in WoW if you hated max level play and they destroy it.

When is that?

1 Like

Until today, it was scheduled for 2 days before the 3 days of Game Time ran out.

Still unsure why they don’t have open stress test since most of the Classic players aren’t Subbed. It would only benefit them to open it up and also give them some real statistical data and really test the servers.

6 Likes

They send these out so frequently that its silly to even bring it up. I have gotten several on my old Secondary account that I canceled in MoP.

5 Likes

In part because it filters out bad actors. Trolls and hackers who just want to mess with the test would be required to pay for each account. If they want to mass DDOS the servers with an overload of accounts, it would be financially nonviable for them.

Since there are no trial accounts for Classic, they aren’t going to face that in live.

4 Likes

Jeeeeez. I would have just said “Thank you”.

11 Likes

It’s been a common thing for them for a very long time to give out free game time in the hopes of getting people to resub.

At this point it’s more standard operating procedure rather than desperation.

3 Likes

I used part of the 3 days, spent a day revisiting TBC zones, a couple hours in Borean tundra then kinda lost interest.

1 Like

Im using mine to try and get a bit of gold for a token. Free game tine sounds good to me.im not upgraded to bfa though.

1 Like

It does indeed. I’ve never been offered free but have been unsubbed since WoD’s end. In fact I’ve only just managed to post here again with an f2p level 10; it hasn’t recognised my old characters since the forum changeover … so I haven’t bothered paying attention to the goings-on here, but getting excited now!

3 Likes

I just logged on for the first time since October to download the classic client and got the same 3 day “gift”. I do think it is a desperate ploy to regain subs due to the epic failure of the latest patch but hey, I won’t look a gift horse in the mouth. Thanks blizzdaddy

3 Likes

Especially since 8.2 is supposed to “Save” BfA and they want as many people who bought it and quit, to try it again.

This is the correct answer.

10 Likes

They didt remove twinks. Just lock exp

1 Like

They’ve been doing this since late cata or wraith, that and give away the exp packs after x amount of years. They’re trying to see if people still want to see what’s new and so on, I know they use to have Scroll of restoration, though i think they got rid of that.

Factually incorrect, they simply moved the brackets over to Classic WoW where they belong.

IMO GG for me because Classic PVP >>>>>>> Modern.

3 Likes

You cant lock exp and stay in a bracket anymore?

1 Like