Blizz, create your own cryptocurrency; then use it as a prize for when players win bg's/rbg's

You can call your crypto coin: blizztoken, blizzardtoken, or wowcoin, wowtoken.
Then let your players win that cryptocoin whenever they win a bg/rbg, complete a raid, or complete a challenging M+.

I think it would be best to keep the cryptocurrency prized bg/rbg seperate from the regular ones, like players would get to checkmark what type of bg/rbg they want to get into before they que.

1 Like

Agreed, this needs to be talked about more!

There were suggestions last year for a Blizzcoin and it seems to me a no brainer for Blizz to pivot into this new market and make use of Eth2.

Blizz already has the experience with the internal auction house and combating farm bots etc.

Blizz could become its own DAO with players owning a bit of the company or server.

Along with rewards for bg’s it would also be nice for long time players (since vanilla myself) to be offered Proof of Stake positions.

“Hey, DEV’s what ya think” ?!

Cryptocurrency / NFT/ Tokenization in WoW.

Blizzard’s crypto should be Pylons.

Crypto is still around?

I assumed people would have got wise a long time ago. So many people are seriously going to lose “fortunes.”

1 Like

A full blown cryptocurrency seems kinda overkill, but I think it would make a lot of sense if money in MMOs made use of concepts used by cryptocurrency, like coins being individually identifiable with a ledger that tracks the hands they’ve passed through. If vendors and questgivers were adjusted to recirculate the gold that players pay to them (making it impossible for players to generate new gold) those features would be very useful for tracking and busting RMT.