Blizz Confirms Torghast DOES NOT Have Timers!

What is there to discuss? It’s timed. The blue post is literally describing how the timers work.

4 Likes

A stacking debuff on high floors is not a timer.

2 Likes

It is, it’s known as a soft timer.

Have you heard of them?

4 Likes

You weren’t lied to. Since the Alpha launched, every interview involving Torghast has said there will need to be some kind of mechanic to dissuade people from waiting for lust on every pull. That has been their example for weeks.

There’s plenty of slow paced content out there.

3 Likes

A stacking debuff in an encounter is a timer only in the same way that a healer’s limited mana is a timer. I think applying the definition, at that point, is silly, and not at all useful in a discussion of the pros and cons of the debuff.

Really?

Quoting adreaver from my own thread here:

This is exactly what i thought the second i read about it. Glad there’s someone there seeing it live and coming out with the same opinion.

5 Likes

If it’s pushing you to move forward or experience negative effects…It’s a timer! Looks like a timer, smells like a timer, acts like a timer and is in fact called a timer by Blizzard.

The very company who said “this tower will not have timers”.

But guess what if you love those timers…you will always have mythic plus or visions.

1 Like

So you don’t know about soft enrage timers, then? You didn’t answer my question

Your also playing it in alpha i highly doubt it will be that easy on live.

My point is that calling it a “timer” is meaningless. If I spend 50 minutes on a single floor I’ll take 50% more damage, as if that’s not manageable with Cds and self-heals? (Or as if I’ll be on a floor for that to matter anyway?)

1 Like

Really. You won’t make it past the 4th floor.

The shills here will put lipstick on a pig and try to sell it as a boar. It’s a timer, its a pathetic attempt at creating some sorts of e-sports competition out of a feature that was supposed to be for everyone, and they will whiteknight it and defend it to the end. We will be writing about this on the unsub quiz after live and they will still claim its not a timer and does not affect soloers or casual groups.

2 Likes

It’s not meaningless, it’s a word that describes the mechanic. They’re timing you, however gentle you may find it is irrelevant to that point.

2 Likes

We can wait for cool downs today, in raids, dungeons and open-world bosses.

So its up to Blizzard to tell us where to draw the line, they are the ones freaking out about us waiting 5-10 minutes for a CD before pulling the next group of trash/boss.

Its easy enough to have a debuff that is class/spec specific, that gets applied to each person when they enter Torghast, that disables just the right amount of big abilities that Blizzard is so worried about.

2 of the torments literally try and kill you if you stand still. If Blizzards intent was not to make use feel pressured…then why make 2 of the torments attempt to kill me for standing still?

1 Like

It’s somewhat disingenuous to act like that one Torment is the only one being discussed.

There are others that are far more timer-like in practice.

3 Likes

Thank you for your vote of confidence on my capacity to clear floors, but 1) it’s off topic 2) its ad-hominem and 3) its irrelevant since you’re basing this off an alt.

Still, way to ignore actual feedback from someone in alpha trying it out and flat out saying that it prevents him from going afk.

Yes well that blue post and the followups to that basically says differently than the subject heading.

How many casuals are in the alpha right now?

1 Like

The only one that’s more “Timerly” is Soulforge Heat. One reduces your damage, two increase the damage you take, and two more spawn mobs only while you’re not in combat.

1 Like