Blizz Confirmed changes coming for DK in War Within

Finally have some info, lets go.

9 Likes

Nice, but hopefully they don’t screw it up and make it worse than before.

I’m always a little worried when a rework is announced.

Because it could be like the mage rework, or it could be like the demo/destro changes which were TERRIBLE, awful, all the bad things in the world. Or even the s priest rework which was totally unnecessary, and not even more fun than before, so somewhat negative.

Or if you’re looking at the alpha changelog, balance druid and arms warrior… Absolutely terrible. While windwalker is great.

So reworks really are hit and miss. Not the best track record in my opinion.

3 Likes

So happy to see DKs get something after so long :]

Also want to point out how huge it is for any class community to see posts like this somewhat regularly.

4 Likes

They’re returning Breath to it’s original, much loved, burst CD (30s~) iteration and removing FWF.

There’s really no way they could make it worse than before based off that alone.

1 Like

Not sure, we’ll see.

I’m completely fine with them removing hysteria, i just hope they don’t touch much else and start to get in the way of obliteration.

If anything i hope they solve oblit RP waste in another way, i would not enjoy straight up reducing resource gen for oblit because it would lead to downtime. And i HATE downtime.

If i were to do something i would increase the rp pool to 150, and make frost strike/glacial consume more rp dynamically like ferocious bite does.

1 Like

Looking forward to them ignoring our feedback for this cycle too!

18 Likes

To my understanding, their intent is just to push FWF further up in the tree to replace with a capstone intended to compete with Breath/Obliteration. I’ll be interested to see what they come up with, and I wouldn’t mind FWF being a bit more baseline in the tree.

Being skeptical is not necessarily a bad thing, but let’s not have that mentality get a bit in its teeth and run away with us before we actually see what they do.

6 Likes

By the love of god just REMOVE BOS, garbage ability using dev time for the 100th time to try to balance that trash.

28 Likes

As opposed to spending 4 years “balancing” Obliteration and having it still fail after 0 real Breath tuning? lol

Give it a rest. Breath has been here to stay since at least BFA where it was in that 30s~ range that they’re targeting again.

1 Like

Big W for all three specs! Excited for the new Frost changes!

BoS has been fine when it’s concentrated into a window and not demanding degenerate melee uptime behaviors.

They’re also apparently going to come up with a third capstone to shift FWF up in the tree, so we’ll see what that is.

1 Like

I’m sorry, but if they didnt figure out this crap since wod is not now that they’re gonna do it.

4 Likes

Ironfur styled festermight lets GOOOO

4 Likes

It’s already there, and it’s already got talent support and synergy considerations within the tree. Yanking it out means replacing it entirely, and they don’t really need to do that. They just need to make Breath a more focused and controlled ability, as opposed to the uncontrolled degeneracy it evolves into from time to time. They’ve done it before, and they can do it again.

Having it as an opposed capstone to Obliteration and introducing a new third should also prove beneficial. Obliteration has been getting tweaked and reworked and buffed for 4 years, it’s time for Blizzard to stop relying on a mindlessly simple capstone talent and actually work on the spec.

1 Like

I hope they get it right for frost. There seemed to be more talk about unholy in that post. Ideally, each spec will get a proper evaluation and frost won’t get overlooked… again.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t BoS be easier to balance if they just removed the cooldown and have it replace frost strike as the spender? Make it cost like 75 rp and have it channel over 5-6 seconds.

If the problem is that people are getting it to last too long, then maybe trying to rein it in is the wrong direction. Just let it go and balance it accordingly.

5 Likes

I see no changes to DnD and standing in DnD for buffs. This has me worried because it’s so punishing if the tank drags the mobs out of it. )=

5 Likes

No.

Contrary to belief on these forums, there really isn’t any tuning that Breath needs outside of adjusting the drain:damage ratio. It worked for perfectly fine for 5 years until DF when they focused solely on making Obliteration not trash to play (and honestly failing) while simultaneously making all the resource generation talents very easy to get for the spec & class in general.

Reigning in resource generation and making resource management an important part of the class again will fix a ton of issues. A radical redesign of Breath isn’t needed and is more suited for Obliteration.

They’ve already said they’re looking into making cleaving strikes less punishing and all indications point to it still being tied to DND.

This is a skill issue for you or an issue with the level of content you’re doing. Hopefully they’ll move AoE burst out of cleaving strikes and into other avenues but it’s 100% here to stay, just likely a big more forgiving (like keeping the buff after stepping out of DND for 3s~).

1 Like

All spec problems
Having to fight in DnD needs to be removed completely
We need a raid buff
Soulreaper should probably be removed for bloat, dosnt have the impact of execute and is also not fun.

Unholy
Bloat: Way to many 45sec or more CDs
Vile Contagion is a other 45 sec cd … Bloat again
Festering wounds should probably be removed but will see what they do.
Seriously that spec is sooo bloated …

Blood
Bone storm need to be reworked. Maybe as a passive (making excess bone shield charge be consumed trough shattering bone idk)

Frost
Breath of Sindragosa should be removed i hate that spell with a passion.
Frostscythe is fun to press but never was good enough.

18 Likes

This probably isn’t going to happen

We need something, I’m not sure a mandatory raid buff is the answer

Considering it’s part of a Hero Talent Tree, we can be pretty sure it’s not going anywhere. Hopefully they buff it.

The fact that you hate it doesn’t mean it needs to be removed. Just don’t play it.

2 Likes