Blizz catering to bots

Friday morning WSG. Five DK bots on Horde. Atleast 2 DK bots on the Alliance side. Blizz and allowing bots for higher profits, iconic duo. Try commenting about the actual bots instead of your personal crusades in this thread.

13 Likes

The bots don’t pay for subscriptions. The people who click links in random emails do.

1 Like

Blizzard processes the payment and allows them to continue farming despite being able to implement even simple bot detection. Why do half the people on this forum keep trying to deflect responsibility from Blizz? It’s really like Blizz has paid posters to deflect from issues that they have the ability to fix. Over and over again these threads get hijacked and passed over with no traction.

8 Likes

Didn’t deflect. Just stated a fact.

Those emails are a scam.

Joe Kony is not an actual Ugandan prince. Do not give him your bank account number! He is just trying to get your information so he can farm gold.

1 Like

Your last thread not receieve adequate attention?

Shhhhhh. Don’t interrupt.

He is busy sending money to the Prince of Zaire.

The prince is being held for the ransom of $15. If the OP sends him the money the Prince is going to send him $100 in return!

This is easy money boyz!

This is what I’m talking about. All the comments derail the topic even though the issue is significant and within blizz’s control. Who made DK’s not require a 70 toon to be created as in original WotLK? Who refuses to implement active anti bot measures? Who’s profiting off of this? They created the game and it’s framework. It’s not the GDKP’s like some of you like to deflect to. Stop burying these posts for Blizzard.
Post how many bots you’ve experienced in BG’s or how you recognize them. Be useful.

4 Likes

This is what I am talking about. Look at you deflecting. You probably are Joe Kony trying to distract us from your sinister agenda.

Who refuses to discuss the Ugandan Revolution? Joe Kony, that’s who!

We are onto you bud.

There is a possibility that there are so many bot subscriptions, Blizzard has internally taken the stance that it would be too big of a loss to ban them.

I can sort of understand why. Also I think many players realize that this is where a majority of the gold in the economy comes from. If our players were given the choice between tolerating the presence of bots or having their gold source dry up, I imagine many would choose tolerance.

It’s weird because there are a ton of ways to resolve the botting problem, but there are no options that will make even half of the subscribers happy. So maybe this is the happy medium?

The bots are harmful, but they provide real life income for the people running them, they help keep blizzard profitable with subs, and they help support many people’s favorite raid format: GDKP.

Or perhaps they are unable to deal with the bots like the multinational internet service providing companies who can’t deal with panhandling princes. :man_shrugging:

Maybe, but people forget that doing anything costs money.

It would cost money in labor to combat the bots. Then that would result in the loss of even more sub money.

You’re going to have a really hard time explaining to a bean counter why anything should be done at all.

Ok, it’s nice that you can see that.

I tend to think it’s ineptitude. I don’t have a lot of confidence in people’s abilities to solve problems like this.

I generally assume that it is basic incompetence versus taking the line that people like Ross Levinsohn of Yahoo are somehow in cahoots with the likes of Joseph Kony. :wink:

I enjoyed following the logic that led us here. :pray:

But, those internet service providers can do something about it. They already read all of our e-mails… The FCC has said that the telecomms have the ability to stop robocalls, but no legislation requires them too… Dark is correct. Blizz does nothing because it would hurt profits. Either way, how many bots were in your last BG?

Yes they can.

You have a great wit.

Not only did you discover that Blizzard allows botting because they are in cahoots with the bots and that everyone who thinks you are trolling is a bot…

You also discovered that the spam that we receive in our emails is because Ross Levinsohn and Joe Kony are actually Ugandan princes.

Exactly. They aren’t forced to do something via legislation and there is no financial incentive to take action.

It’s a non starter.

Actually trying to have a genuine discussion with Windroot also appears to be a non starter as well. Take off the tinfoil hat for a minute…

1 Like

How do you justify humans being able to recognize the patterns that discern these bots from humans, but Blizz with two decades of data in WoW can’t pick out the input patterns? Bots are programs with preset actions and pathing. All of which is a pattern that can be identified via inputs. Inputs that are easily recognizable.

1 Like

How do you justify militant leaders doing YouTube interviews.

Wow, you are a troll. Get out of this thread, please. It’s obvious that you’re not here for discussion, and your post history is crazy. Absolute troll with nothing of value for any discussion they’ve been involved in.

2 Likes

PBS is in league with Al-Qaeda

Get mad. Get triggered. I am just using the same logic you did to arrive at the conclusion that Blizzard is in league with the bots.

I merely think it is simply that they can’t do anything about it without issues.

Welcome back from your long forum vacation windroot. Good to see you’re not back to your crusade of necroing every thread you can to try and cause drama.

Clearly still haven’t learned your lesson though. Carry on. May your next vacation be even longer. :wave:

3 Likes