Blizz, can you look at guardian druid in PvP?

They’re doing too much damage and healing. If I was in analytics at Blizz and saw the data coming in I’d be laughing so hard. A few streamers have showcased just how powerful guardian druids have become and I think we’ve all had our own unpleasant experiences. Hopefully they get some tuning with this most recent round of updates. Honestly, just take a look at tanks across the board with season one coming up. Different topic, but would love for there to be more choices in rated PvP other than druid.

3 Likes

One of those rare occasions where I’d call for class nerfs overall. There’s an issue when there are more and more groups stacking druids. One Eye of the Storm game I had to fight 4 guard druids and 1 vengeance DH. Any class deserving of nerfs, it’s guardian druids.

Absolutely no justification to keep them the way they are now.

2 Likes

Gonna be honest. I have seen maybe 2 Bear tanks since launch. Not sure where they are hiding. Maybe I’ll start getting them? Idk haven’t seen them though so don’t know how strong they are. Their buffs looked good though.

Think we should buff other Tanks to compete then :slight_smile:

How many posts are we gonna see about g droods and how many patches and xpacs are we gonna see blizz totally ignore them. Blizz doesn’t care about what happens in pvp

So I just finally fought one. He was ok but was wearing the Arcane Proc Renown ring I guess their arcane talents increase the proc and this is a great source of additional damage. This could be part of the problem. Smart idea honestly so not even mad this is a build option.

I see one at every warmode crate. Its gotten annoying.

Tanks have no business doing as much if not more damage than a dps or out healing healers constantly.

I can confirm two 411 Ret paladins with 25 seconds of wings using full burst will not kill a Gaurdian druid. Both myself and a teammate fully geared could not kill the bear using everything we had. I’m not sure we got the tank to half HP?

Clearly the bear was just trolling us to see how much he could live through. Didn’t bother to do anything other than jump and spinning around. It takes… I guess… maybe… 3-4 Ret paladins with 411 gear with wings and all CDs to kill a single player.

Any spec that…
Doesn’t have any threat to death 1v1
Very little threat to death 1v2
Can live forever 1v3
Can survive for a very long time 1v4

Needs tuning…

edit

Checked my meter bear lived through more than 4 million damage. Several other times we tried it… a few million damage in those cases as well.

1 guardian
13 million damage 17.5k DPS
13 million healing 16.8 HPS

2cnd guardian
21 million damage 27.0k DPS
11 million healing 14.3k HPS

both in one BG. Needs tuning

4 Likes

Yep. Keep bringing this to attention. It’s happened before around BFA they had guardian Druids on roids

And it’s maybe even worse now. I made a thread with an Imgur link to guardian Druid topping dps in WSG at 8million and up there with healers on 5mil.

Further reading into guardian Druid. There first talent is frenzied regen. 20sec cd restore 32% hp over 3 seconds. Then they talent into barkskin increase it duration by 4 sec. 1 more talent point down that increases healing received when barkskin or frenzied regen is activated by 20%.

3 talent points they get a 50% self heal every 20 seconds for 10rage.

I also love that they are tweaking exsanguinate for rogues and the fluff developers note was so out of touch. Nothing in guardian Druids though! Must be some biased data they’re reading from

They claim to have additional adjustments planned for the 14th anyway (mentioned in the last tuning notes), so maybe this is one of them - hopefully. I’m sure they’ll hit my DH.

The reason Tanks heal for so much is they have too because they are fighting for their lives because they take 50% increased damage.

Please remove the increased Damage and I won’t have to do so much healing just to play my character.

Deal :slight_smile:

Guardian druid is fine

1 Like

Don’t tanks have auras in PvP that massively increase the damage they take and deal? Whatever happened to that?

Those auras should be the tuning knob they can adjust without effecting pve performance.

Yea it’s at 50% currently for all Tank this should be removed or reduced drastically. This is why some Tanks aren’t viable. We need to get other Tanks to where Druid is.

1 Like

I don’t know if I should be depressed or not. On one hand - it’s absolutely hilarious watching under geared players like souldemon kill themselves during sleeper on the other it’s incredibly depressing that after 15+ years of warcraft, players in random BGs haven’t learned the lesson of “Dont attack the tank”.

If you see this buff - STOP attacking. It quite literally does 80% of a G druids damage in BGs. No amount of thrash spam can make up for players attacking a druid during this buff lmao. At 411 ILVL it does 6k per attack.

If anything - the only thing that needs to be changed is to give the spell a giant light house effect like a ret palidans wings.

Another thing I’ve noticed is the amount of people complaining have one thing in common. Lack of gear. Anyone is going to stomp your rear when in full pvp gear compared to your leveling greens

said by a guardian druid

no, they need to be nerfed into the dirt - they are a spec that takes no skill and pvp isnt fun with tanks

No, they’re actually not.