Blizz, can you give Dark Iron Dwarf and common Dwarf beardless options plz?

This seems blasphemous…

1 Like

Meh. Too many Dwarves hide behind their beard like it’s some kind of substitute for any kind of personality or individual character. It’s their license to stop at “Dwarf” when describing anything about their existence. They stop being anything other than the hyper-cliche fantasy trope that exists by virtue of tradition so strong it borders on regulation at this point.

And then that’s all they amount to. Strive for. It’s strange, how in a franchise that at least tries to do something interesting with what are effectively played out press-stamped fantasy races, they’re content to leave the Dwarves as… just the Dwarves. Met a Dwarf in a generic fantasy setting? That’s all the WarCraft Dwarves! Every last one of them, the exact same thing. Likes beer, axes and hammers, living underground, and their personality can be described as “beard”.

Blizzard apparently used up their creativity in shifting trolls out from under their bridges and giving them Caribbean accents.

And yeah, there are “alternate” Dwarves, the Wildhammer and Dark Irons, but those are generally tertiary fringe and general dark-pallet swapped villains. The main dwarves are, again, every other samey dwarf in this genre.

If that’s all the further they can take the idea, well… too bad, I guess.

What, no beard? Get out! Dwarves ARE their beards.

1 Like

I agree. Beards are not as common as some think.
https://youtu.be/tnO6YqZ_qkQ

1 Like

This dwarf is sus might be a goblin get the gyroclippers.

Bro those are clearly gnomes and your not suppose to talk about gnome fightclub.

1 Like

First, they need to give dwarf women the option to have a beard.

:clap: Parity customizations for AR. :clap: 100%

Please and Thank you Blizzard. :grin:

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-PmAQ9Opu4

2 Likes

I’m not against more facial hair options for Dwarves, especially spiffy mustaches. Sometimes we just want to be Mario. In EVERY game.

In general lore beards are part and parcel to Dwarf nature, in some stories even Dwarf women have beards. Only the very young and outcasts are beardless. So if you want to be beardless go ahead, but if they do let you then they should also make you automatically hostile when entering Ironforge

1 Like

They already have.
It’s called “play a female dwarf” :+1:

1 Like

I feel rather disgusted that you would call them “common dwarves”.
Dwarves are a very special race of people and should be treated appropriately as such!

A dwarf without a beard is like a worgen without fur