Blease Plizzard, do something with caster weapons in future

Make them part of animations. Or just flat out allow to hide them entirely. What’s even the point in this stick glued to the back

In every other mmo or single rpg mages use their weapons =_=

18 Likes

Would be a lot cooler if they did maaain!

I 100% agree, also monks have the same issue where if you give them a staff, they also still punch. Give them gauntlets, their gauntlets vanish when you attack.

2 Likes

" BLEASE PLIZZARD"

This is the best thing I’ve seen in over an hour.

A hide weapon could be nice.

5 Likes

wanted to use it for a long time.

1 Like

I wish you could at least have the Brewmaster over-the-shoulder idle animation on any staff user, not just BM using Legion transmog.

5 Likes

I’m absolutely freaking baffled that this isn’t a thing, to be honest.

The animation’s there - they made it for every single playable race in the game - but they only use it for one spec on one class.

Why.

1 Like

Great idea, but the chance of Blizzard ever redoing tons of casting animations is pretty much zero.

I’d kinda like to see something like Dragon Age 2, where casters used their weapons for auto-attacks. Wouldn’t really work in the current game context when casters are constantly casting, but yeah…making caster weapons on par with melee in terms of coolness would be a welcome change.

1 Like

yooooo agreeeeeee.

Pls do.

I miss my attack pose with weapons, the way my shaman holding a mace and shield as if about to strike with it. Now the whole wave your hands annoy me.

1 Like

I made this very thread a day ago.

1 Like

I know its a newer system and i’m not advocating ffxiv, but they do make a good example of using weapon animations for casters. I mostly saying I hope blizzard thinks of ideas for them that fit the warcraft environment, though I expect its has more to do with our older engine…even though its modified every xpac.

1 Like

Hell the old casting animations looked better in most cases, as simple as they were. They had soul.

When they updated animations during WoD we were told that they were working on staff casting animations as well… but they never got around to giving them to us…

I’ve always preferred wows caster animations to every other games casts where it comes out the weapon

Like I don’t know why but I just think wows casters look amazing

1 Like

Transmogrification should have a second drop-down window for stances (for like over the shoulder and the like), and weapon animations (for casters).
I’m not sure it’d be easy to code (not a programmer), but I’d think it’d be doable.

1 Like

Even just simple stuff where they used it as a focus and stamped/waved it would be enough.

Ya BD has some neat effects to bad they have gone massive pay2win.

Personally i prefer the simplified casting from hand animation. As you gear, your haste will be high and the complicated casting animation will all get blurred together after a while.

The wow’s hand gestures are fine the way it is, especially now that they added multiple different kind of casting animation that they weave in and out. making it look dynamic and pretty good overall.

One point to note. Mechagon’s staff. when you use its on use effect, a very quick animation plays where you hold out the staff as it’s triggered before it returns your back. Similar to sweeping strike activation animation.

Yes, please. Either make use of the weapon or give the option to hide it when not used.