Blah Community Council let down

From the photos I saw, he did nothing wrong. But I guess that doesn’t matter these days. People just like to get out pitchforks and torches.

1 Like

People are only going to talk about what matters to them . Some will talk about 1 topic others on more.
Hopefully there will be enough people talking about similar topics to balance it out.

It’s not like if you were on the council you would be any different

This is why having such a council isn’t the best idea. I spent a lot of time as a subject matter expert on cross-functional teams. Choosing people who are on the team to represent specific community is the key. IMO just gathering 100 people who want to share their personal opinion is not productive. :woman_shrugging:

As for would I be any different, it would really depend on what the ground rules of the team was.

I’m completely disheartened by the community council if they want to bring back master loot and kick rewards out of LFR. But I think blizzard is smart enough to know the old days of people ninja looting things shouldn’t come back

2 Likes

Microsoft will make the Community Council great again.

If they managed to get in council they have no idea what casual means. Those are mostly basement dwellers and streamers who would die from hunger if there is no door dash or hot pockets.

As players we need to start petition to hire normal developers who have casual mindset

And this is what they main concern is. And blizzard is eager to fix this huge issue. Game breaking issue

1 Like

And yet I would submit that is exactly what they have needed for a long time, just someone to go through the forums and keep a rolling index of what people are talking about.

I’ve been around since Vanilla and while players haven’t always been right there has been a ton of feedback over the years, especially in alpha/beta, that foretold of the coming issues or were even a better way about getting from A to B to C.

I get that players play and designers design, but sometimes I think Blizzard Developers can’t see the forest for the trees and that’s where having someone to read and compile the forums would be amazingly useful.

1 Like

You wouldn’t be any different you would make topics on things that concern you in the game .
It might be one topic or it might be many . In other words what you are seeing are topics that don’t concern you and that is the issue you have.

Hopefully once they get more people in and who knows if you applied maybe one might be you , the topic of your concern might be addressed.

Another thing is people are giving the player members too much flack when the council is supposed to be a Player/Blizzard joint venture and most of what is being brought up is on the player side. Too be honest any problems or failures with the council will be solely the fault of Blizzard.

They came up with the community council now they need to step up and actually participate in it.

Yeah, I agree.

I think that they need to re-invest in CM’s and Support/QA. There’s a lot of work to be done to repair the problems with PR, customer relations, and game testing/balance.

I am pretty sure they know that too.

ML works great for a highly organized and dedicated end game raiding team where allocation of gear has to be strategic, not up to RNG.

There are some really good systems to handle ML for guilds, esp if you set forth the system and get agreement of the whole raid team as participants.

ML is TERRIBLE for PUGs or anything else where trust is limited and there is room for abuse. I should nope they never give ML back for anything Normal or below.

I am a very casual gamer. I own my own home and have for 15 years. I am also an excellent cook. Stereotypes don’t really do you any favors.

That is specifically the job of the Community Managers. They are also supposed to aggregate feedback from reddit, wowhead comments, twitter, streaming sites, media sites, etc. There is a weekly report they do and a meeting with the Devs as well as any Targeted Feedback topics they want faster updates on.

The problem is that they are not open about the development cycles at all. Just because they HEAR the feedback does not mean they do something about it on a timeline that feels responsive (if ever). For example, by the time something hits Beta most of the systems are already done and they won’t take feedback other than tweaks to them and bug fixes. People give all kinds of input, but seeing as Blizz is not going to make changes at that point, it all goes into the void.

I wish Blizz would just honestly tell people what is open to change so players can tailor feedback and have it feel like there is a chance it gets implemented.

5 Likes

Silence, green.

And i don’t mean that because you’re an Orc.

1 Like

Then stop asking for feedback or expecting your players to give you anything useful if it’s " too late". The truth is we have learned that by the time we see it in alpha it’s usually already too late and if it’s some Devs pet project it sure isn’t getting any modification.

Not to mention half the time what we see in beta isn’t even what we will get either. Remember Torghast and how amazing everyone was saying it was? It then hits live and that playstyle everyone had been testing was just gone.

If you aren’t willing to change the inherent flaws in your systems in the testing phase then just stop with the testing and quit constantly asking for feedback you obviously are going to toss in the trash bin and then set it on fire.

4 Likes

They didn’t know Microsoft was lurking when they came up with the Community Council.

Now everything has changed.

Microsoft cares about the players. Surely they will listen and make the game great again.

1 Like

You are directing your post at me as though I worked for Blizzard. MVPs (greens) are other players - not Blizzard staff. Same goes for Community Council.

Greens have no power at all in any way. They can answer questions or direct you to resources, but they don’t work for Blizz.

3 Likes

no big companys care about things other than profits.
Maybe they will decide that making players happy makes them more money that fleasing whales maybe they won’t. Time will tell but whatever happens its only for profit.

1 Like

Microsoft was going to buff paladins but maybe now they’re gonna buff warriors instead.

Phil should force Ion to reply to all the topics in the Community Council.

2 Likes

Yeah I can’t wait to read all those “We hear you but we don’t agree” replies from Ion.

Microsoft should ORDER HIM to reply to the players.

Because that’s the POWER of Microsoft.

1 Like

And why do you think Microsoft ordering him to reply to all the treads would actually change his stance of “We hear you and we don’t agree because < insert lawyer talk >”.