Blacksmithing is the most useless, garbage trash profession

The legendaries already dropped down to costing less than the actual mats.
The weaponstones are worse than the oils
The other gear you can craft is worse than heroic dungeon gear, just above quest gear at max.

So any plans for BS? Because WoD was the last time this profession was somewhat useful. I’m losing my patience. I have a lot of unavailable rare recipes and I’m on the edge of unlearning and deleting it all. This profession literally provides nothing and you have to play on an RP realm if you want to make money of the majority if the transmogs

1 Like

Can’t even craft a decent weapon. It’s trash and neglected. I should have went engineering or jewel crafting ages ago.

It is pretty useless on your first character. I’m seeing it more as being useful for my alts down the road, or for friends’ alts. At least once we get the higher Crafter’s Writs. Right now, random gear acquisition outpaces the Crafting Writs long before you can obtain them. That’s why I only really see it being useful for your (and your friends’) alts down the road.

I’ve thought about that too but it still seems useless when I realize that in order to get the full benefit I either have to put BS on a class that doesn’t use BS gear (like having it on my priest to send to my pally/warrior/DK in which case the character is wasting a profession to make gear for alts that will be replaced nearly immediately. Or I can put it on my warrior who is going to get gear drops and quest rewards along the way that are as good or better than BS gear.

It’s much better to just get two gathering professions and sell the mats or get a gathering prof to feed something like alchemy or jewlcrafting.

My blacksmith is very busy making legendaries. Don’t play her much though, in fact, don’t play my other crafting toons very much. 90% of my play time is on my harvester because of the mountains of mats needed to level up legendary crafting.

1 Like

My BS hasn’t really made anything since WOD. The only professions that have been used in Legion and BFA was Alchemy and Engineering. Have my BS at level 56 but now in no hurry to get to 60 if this is the case. Oh and I used my tailor in BFA but not Legion. Don’t see any use for my tailor here at all since I only use it to make basically bags, or bandages.

BLACKSMITHING IS THE MOST USELESS, GARBAGE TRASH PROFESSION

Stares in inscription.

2 Likes

I’ve put inscription on a spreadsheet and priced it for the last couple weeks and I plan on making one of my toons have it and I expect to make money.

Do you feel likes its just not useful individually ?

Blacksmithing also can make shadowghast ingots. Alchemists only can make 2 ingots a day. Jewelcrafters need ingots for legendary rings and necklaces.

Almost all the professions can make $$. The best I found is alchemy. Flasks sell for a lot of money and it’s a spendable product, not like legendaries.

Inscription is also a good pick. Darkmoon decks are still getting good $$, but you need a LOT of herbs and good rng.

But I think the best money maker “profession” is:

HARVESTING

You might think going to the AH and seeing stuff selling for 30K is awesome, the amount of mats required are mind boggling. You can harvest your own mats, or buy them off the AH. That’s why for time spent playing vs gold made, harvesting mats is the best way to go.

It can definitely make money. I made a lot money off missives initially. The only reason I have stopped is because I make more off legendaries and they take up a lot of bag space.

I have being tempted to open a second bank alt so that I can sell both legendary and non-legendary items. As it is I’ve got a bunch of crafts where I can sell things if only I had the bag space for them. I can’t even max out all the legendaries because of this problem.

Most professions are useless if you aren’t doing it to make money. Leveling a craft with no intent to sell is like becoming an electrician just so you can do your own electrical work and that’s it. It doesn’t make sense.

Then why are sites like Icy Veins saying the stones are top for:
Frost DKs
Ret Paladins
Windwalker Monks General purpose (any but 100% single target)
Assassination Rogue in M+
Outlaw Rogue in M+
Subtlety Rogue, both weapons
Arms Warrior
Fury Warrior

Note: the stone is SHADED Sharpening/Weight stone