Blacksmithing is terrible to level

Hardstuck at about 72. Do I really need either 10000 Khaz ore or 20 sparks? This is insane

From 72 you can max BS for literally 16k gold with the master’s hammer

Is that the way you think is best? I’ll try it. The guides I saw didn’t mention that.

With master’s hammer bs is one of the easiest professions to get to 100. LW is much harder for example.

Hard agree with you . I have leather and inscription at 82 lol will craft my shaman hands and belt to get to 88 then 90 next darkmoon then hope to catch some public orders.

Primal Molten Alloy is pocket change right now. And trial account characters with sparks are a dime a dozen.

Trying to level a leatherworker, I just don’t want to hear it.

Had no idea it was worse. I had alchemy which was a walk in the park

I like maxing out as well. But being a Blacksmith…what is the benefit?

We’ve got 5-6 Sets of DF gear floating around…we are’nt needed.
I don’t even see a cool pet or mount we can make in DF.

Yes it is…

Weapons are one of the largest upgrades you can get for most classes. Couple of embellished armor pieces are high demand too.

$GOLD$

Not that you truly need max to make those and/or make them at max quality…

Which weapons are you talking about?

I got a LFG Raid drop that’s now 424, can’t get any easier than that.

Never understood how as a BS we can spend endless hours gathering mats and gold to finally craft a BoP Weapon, and then as we are equipping our reward…our guild mate posts in chat… “Look what just dropped in randomnothingness land” and it is a weapon…that is legendary status compared to my little foil sword. …for thier Alt.

If you don’t Bot farm and cash in on selling BS weapons within the first 2 weeks of an expansion you’ve missed the boat…

Other Trades are making big bucks on the Market.
And the only solution or advice is.
“Shut up and roll an alt and do the same”

Ranting a bit here but…

What the name of one that I can look into crafting?
Thanks

Blacksmithing weapons can go up to 447

Inscription and Enchanting feels worse to level. At least people want blacksmithing things made. I’ve public order filled a ton of armor and a few weapons so far. Engineering is pure poo poo. No one wants anything engineer made that is BoA lol. I have never once seen a bracer work order. I had to use my alts sparks to even level engineering to 100.

Inscription 0 orders, only the Treatises and drakeriding skin stuff. Which give 0 skill ups past a lower level. I am stuck at 77 inscription so far. My enchanting has been stuck at 70. The material cost for enchanting 1 maybe skill up is 2500g. With a -2200 profit for making the enchant, unless it is R3, oh and that enchant is yellow, so not even a guarantee for a skill up at all. Huge money sink I do not want to waste gold on right now. As far as enchanting work orders go, i’ve seen 0. Minus the raid drop one.

If anyone knows a good way to finish my enchanting or inscription i’d love to know, they are all I am missing for dragonflight master crafter achievement.

LOL, I wonder if he’s trolling. Could easily armory myself to see atleast 1 crafted weapon significantly higher ilvl then his. And it even has a food buff item added in it…

It is rather random on both availability and on what people want.

Right when 10.1 dropped I snagged a couple of public work orders for new wands and now I get one or two crests via public work orders each week. Not huge, but steady improvement for enchanting.

Inscription is kind of the same thing. A couple of staves and codexes when 10.1 hit. Maybe one every 3ish weeks other than that.

If you still have Spark of Inspiration left over, pretty easy to turn them into a +3 for either profession. And new toons to Dragon Isles still get their 5 Sparks. Your choice for whether that is more practical than waiting on work orders that could take 6-9 months.

Every time I have seen a work order lately it has been with a 500g tip and 0 materials provided. Some of which can total up to thousands of gold. What is wrong with people. ><

Sad truth is, I’ve used alts to get most of my crafts to 100. I am 96 in enchanting now, and that cost me 30,000g lol. The skill ups are green now. I don’t have the wand recipes :(.

1 Like

I use those to reroll cheaper crafted items with rando stats in order to try and get one I don’t need to missive (easier and cheaper to recraft later).

But if you’re that desperate to level up a skill, you can also make trial toons, then have them send work orders with their sparks. Blacksmithing, tailoring, and Jewelcrafting are super cheap to level that way, inscription and leatherworking not so much.

Unfortunately, the only guaranteed way to max out Enchanting is to make spark gear, which locks you in to the Rods, Runes, and Ruses path unless you save up and buy the wand recipe from Zaralek. Torch of Primal Awakening costs 30 points in this specialization, so it’s a bit of an investment especially if you’ve previously ignored it.

On the plus side, alts can still get five Sparks of Ingenuity for free as soon as they reach Valdrakken, so you can just send yourself work orders without having to wait for a public or guild order or spending one of your own Shadowflame sparks.

That’s not true at all, the weapon enchants and the illusions give skill points up to 100

Weapon enchants are green at 92, illusions are green at 95, and aspect crests are green at 97. The only recipes that are orange up until 100 are the spark wands. Thus, they’re the only “guaranteed” way to max out the profession because it’s not a matter of luck as to whether you get a skill up.