BlackRock Depths Battle Pet Dungeon

Straight to the point. Why? Why was it made extremely hard at first? And why hasn’t it been fixed or nerfed yet?

It’s completely unfriendly/impossible for those new players of Battle Pets (something we do need to avoid those 30min waiting for a Battle Pet in Finder).

For those, like me, who has been doing all achievements related to Battle Pet and who has more than 500/600 unique pets, it’s a headache for sure. Why creating something that players won’t want to redo ever again?

Except for last one, all of them are completely dependent on RNG. Not cool.
All of them have more than one pet, and all of them are elite. Not cool.
All of them can and usually crit, even one shootting. Not cool.
Some of them can do tons of damage, having reduced damage and massive heals like Zuna.
Most of them require specific pets and sometimes all depends on breeds.

Zuna and Tasha are so overturned that they make this dungeon last more than any high mythic key or raid. Considering that the game itself (WoW) isn’t all about Battle Pets, not cool. Not many do Battle Pets, but for those who do, doing this dungeon is frustrating and discouraging. Are rewards good enough for such an extremely time-consuming and hard (often impossible) Battle Pet dungeon? Nope, not at all.

2 Likes

I hate to say this, but it has been nerfed. The problem came in with an additional nerf to Shattered Defenses. If you’re having issues, Xu-Fu’s is showing a few 5 star strats for each fight, if you’d like to peruse those. BRD was meant to be the culmination of the dungeons, at least story-wise, and I suppose in their minds it meant they needed to make the fights more difficult. The family achievements and dungeons have a tendency to force pet battlers to expand their collections, which isn’t the worst thing to happen.

The replayability of pet dungeons is something that gets discussed occasionally in the community. I do think if there were certain reward incentives to doing the dungeons again beyond the pets, they’d see people in them more. Maybe not BRD, (difficulty), or even Gnomer, (long), but some of the other ones it’d be nice.

1 Like

Yeah. A lot of the battle strategies for pre-SL pet battle content have been totally nullified by the nerf to Black Claw/Shattered Defenses combos.

I had to try about a bazillion things to get through some of the celestial tournament stuff, but I now have teams for those fights that have worked when repeated.

I bet it’s the same with the pet dungeons, which I haven’t tried, yet. They make me nervous. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I cannot do this dungeon with out healing my pets. The RNG is so bad.

I finished my grind of 6 weeks of this dungeon to get all the pets and I can say with certainty I am never going back unless they tuck in some new pets.

I like the concept of the dungeons, but the fights are all the same and they get mind-numbing and tedious. And yes, BRD made me want to chuck a brick through my monitor on a few occasions because of horrible RNG. Do I really want to spend an hour plus in a pet battle dungeon while I’m trying the fifth possible strategy on Tasha because all my other pets are dead because of horrible RNG? NO.

I don’t know what the solution to this is, however. Maybe the cost of the rewards pets being less? Maybe coming up with Pet Battle “Scenarios” where there’s maybe three battles to take care of instead of 10 then move on to the next?

This all has potential but it definitely needs more thought.

At least Stratholme added a random encounter with Fras Siabi and then the little treasure hunt to get the Postmaster to turn up and win a pet that way.