Blackout Truncheon for Enh Shaman

Every time I’ve seen this weapon on my main, I assumed it was good for Prot Warriors and Combat Rogues.

Also thought it might be good for Enhancement Shamans, but then I looked into how Weapon Normalization worked and thought otherwise.

Is Blackout Truncheon any good for Enhance Shamans or should I just stick with slower weapons?

You want same speed weapons.

Typically you want 2.6+ speed.

I forget why but it has to do with flurry I believe.

Also stormstrike hits with both weapons at the same time so a fast off hand is just less damage.

But the speed matching I believe has to do with flurry.

I’d recommend searching google for tbc classic shaman discord, it will have literally all the info you could ever want.

1 Like

Basically what he said. Not syncinc weapons is a crazy dps loss. Basically theres an ICD on Furry procs of .5 seconds. So if your main hand hits first or at the same time your OH will never consume a proc. Similar concept for WF, you’re trying to force the procs on your mainhand weapon.

Blackout truncheon isnt terrible as on OH with flametongue, but even the 2.6 speed green level 70 weapons are generally higher dps.

4 Likes

you need matched speed weapons, anything else is a dps loss.

Go to the AH and buy 2 Fist of Reckoning. They should be the price of a shard and will last you until you replace them at 70.

5 Likes

Recently, I picked up the Mag’hari Fury Brand from RoB. It’s a Fist Weapon with a 2.50 Attack Speed. I currently have another weapon that is 2.60 Attack speed.

Is it that much of a DPS loss if the difference is .1 Attack Speed?

Also, is there a decent Off-Hand weapon that would compliment The Bladefist?

The Harvester of Souls from Heroic AC is going to be your best OH I believe.

Saw that. Another thing I saw was Boggspine Knuckles from H UB. One of the only Off-Hand Fist Weapons that drops in Heroics that has a 2.60 Attack speed. Figured it’d also be a perfect match with the Bladefist since they’re both Fist Weapons.

harvester of souls, pvp 1h axe, i guess since youre a draenei theres more options since it doesnt matter if its an axe or not

Yes it matters unless you are willing to resync your weapons every 4-5 swings. Keeping both weapons hitting less than 500ms from each other doubles your flurry uptime. It’s pretty massive. I ground out the PVP blue axe to go with my fools bane and now decapitator. It kinda sucked but it was a guaranteed item at the end of the grind instead of doing who knows how many heroic runs and maybe coming up empty.

Flurry, and easier to keep your weapons in sync for WF procs.

1 Like

No Fists of Reckoning on the AH. However, I did buy 2x Axe of the Legion. Seem to working out pretty well right now, although the Attack Speed for both is 2.40.

Yeah, it’s not unique so I could use 2x.

Flurry + Heroism/Bloodlust puts a 2.6 speed weapon at 1.54 attack speed. With a 1.54 attack speed, there’s 1 auto attack disqualified from proccing Windfury after its proc, given Windfury’s 3.0 second ICD. The 2nd attack following a WF proc comes at 3.08s after the initial proc, making it possible for that to proc WF.

Similar logic shows that a 2.5 speed weapon becomes 1.48 speed during Flurry + Bloodlust/Heroism, making each WF proc disqualify two subsequent autos. The 2nd disqualified auto comes 2.96s after the initial proc, still within Windfury’s ICD.

It’s a significant DPS gain to use a 2.6 weapon over a 2.5 weapon as an Enh Shaman for that reason.

Its a pretty big dps loss overall (at 70 anyway, you probably won’t notice it while leveling.) You can use a sync macro to bring them back together once they start desyncing, but that means a small dps loss as well

Boggspine, destroyer from 1st boss in OHB heroic and Harvester are all within a few fractions of a percentage point of each other. Glad OH is BIS

probably the best blue BOE ever made

They seem to be working well for questing, at any rate; I wonder if that’s wholly due the Expertise Rating.

expertise is big, even more so if you’re questing and facing the target face to face

Weapon speed matching is incredibly important- instead of flurry consuming a hit when you hit with your mainhand, then offhand, then mainhand again, it will only consume a charge when your mainhand hits (because your offhand is attacking at the same time).

This means you have much higher uptime on flurry. You won’t notice it as much while soloing but in groups where mobs take a little time to die, it’s huge.

I use the BS stage 2 epic and the fist of reckoning. Despite fist being a level 61 weapon, it does better than any option at 70 right now with the BS hammer. That’s how important speed matching is.

I wanna run H SH as much as I can until I see The Bladefist.

Although it seems pretty rare. I have yet to see anyone wielding one on my server.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.