Blacklist addon needs to be removed from game

Its on EU too, Firemaw has it at least (not sure about the other servers).

It’s time to shut it down the blacklist.

Oh no, please keep it to yourselves ;(

So cringe.

People keep saying it violates the TOS, but that’s quite literally just their opinion. They have decided it negatively impacts their play, but as it says in the rest of the line they quote that is BLIZZARD’S discretion, not theirs. Seeing as these addons have existed for a VERY long time, it is highly likely that Blizzard has not decided they violate the TOS.

Top it off, Zoumz is right. Blizzard doesn’t just single-target ban specific addons. They have to adjust API functionality through code to make changes that break addon functionality. Because of this, breaking something as simple as a blacklist addon is essentially impossible without also removing any and every addon that shares any form of data between players, right down to WA and Details/Recount. They only break things when it’s required, such as to eliminate botting functions, eliminating automation features (Who remembers OG Decursive, where you just spammed a macro?), etc. To remove the level of function needed by something like a blacklist, you wouldn’t even be able to have custom RAIDFRAMES anymore. If you’re going to debate TOS fine, that’s opinion. But debating how Blizzard deals with addons requires at least a basic level of knowledge that seems to be lacking in Henceforth’s position.

hurry up and warn benediction…

i personally love the blacklist addon its a great thing to have in order to avoid ninja looters and all around bad players

How is a blacklist addon different than putting ppl on /ignore?

There’s a limit to how many people you can have on your ignore list, while there’s no limit to how many you can have on the blacklist (I assume).

I guess they’re mad that there’s no limit?

So, it’s just the global ignore addon?

Pretty much.

it’s a community list and it alerts the group if they’re in the same team.

the primary issue is the sort of ppl in charge of stuff like this tend to be the people you would want on your ignore list

The sharing functionality and witchhunt capabilities of an addon.

Sounds like the addon is working as intended. I need to download this.

If we could add every scumbag to this addon it would help with group and raiding organization immensely. Click of a button I can see if someone drops N-bombs in chat, or ninjas loot, or leaves a raid in a tantrum when their item doesn’t drop or spends hours ganking lowbies. This sounds like a fantastic idea.

I don’t agree with it being shared data if anybody can add your name to the list for any reason. Ignoring someone is fine, but a witch hunt is not okay.

Which is why addons like this are, well, really not OK and why even Curseforge has been removing them when they pop up.

1 Like

It’s really funny how Classic players claim that the Retail community is super toxic, but crap like this addon exists. I don’t agree with you, so you’re going on the blacklist!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.