Blacklist addon needs to be removed from game

check discord. I even posted a nostalgia pic just for you <3

1 Like

Is it me roasting you?

It wasn’t. That was a hell of a struggle. Our 13 or whatever minute Sarth. Good times dude.

1 Like

the good ole days. Back when you were a female dreanei.

They grey parsing warlock days.

Look guy, I get you married a women do to societal norms or whatever, but, if you’re this obsessed with wanting men to touch your meat, maybe it’s time to really come out and be the true you.

It’s 2023, we make fun of lolcows and idiots, not sexuality.

Oh hey, the Classic community is working! This is exactly why RDF doesn’t need to be a thing, so we can properly keep blacklists of just terrible people!

The addon violates Blizzard ToS for addons:

Just send an e-mail to WoWUI@blizzard.com with the link to the addon on Curseforge and they will make sure the addon is disabled in game and no one will ever be able to activate it again (the addon gets blocklisted within WoW engine).

You can also report the addon on Curseforge for the same rules, they should adhere to Blizzard ToS. WagoIO also removes weakauras with the same purpose violating the ToS.

The maintainers of these addons are nothing but power hungry people. I have seen on both benediction and faerlina people getting blacklisted because they didn’t want to pay up an item on a GDKP where people from the GDKP leader’s guild were inflating the price on purpose and then the GDKP leader, being “friend” of the “people” that “decide who is blacklisted or not” (aka PAY UP FRONTLOAD OF GOLD) gets them blacklisted.

So the addon might get crap players out, but it also has its injustices. Regardless, it violates the ToS and must go.

Community never needed such addon to “avoid” these people.

2 Likes

Doesn’t violate the ToS more than a gearscore addon or your own ignore list or is close to any examples of what you linked :person_shrugging:

1 Like

It does, because it carry player’s name around.

You might be new here, but that has been Blizzard’s stance on this for more than a decade.

Gearscore doesn’t violate anything. Not only Blizzard like that concept that they have added it to the game themselves.

Your own ignore list carries name of players and is part of the game.
Many addons keep player names to work, you can assign people name for many addons or weakauras or macros. Your character name if anything is ownership of Blizzard and anything you do ingame is their property.

That is an in-game feature that Blizzard allow players to ignore people they don’t want to interact with.

An addon that creates a “blacklist” which is sort of more a witch hunt is against the ToS.
You may disagree or keep coming back with your arguments, but that is a hard cope that you’ll have to suck it up.

It is against ToS, and it will be removed from the game, just like others have been.

Again, you must be new here, so, time to listen up to people that have been here before you. Listening and getting wiser is a good thing.

Nothing in the ToS explicitly say that you can’t have one, moreover when the game give you access to one.

They can’t stop those addons from working or will ban people from using them so you can cope yourself xd

I do not care about people that can’t look at my character or post counts and try to think that I don’t play the game or that I am new. You might want to look up who you talk to before making dumb statements xd

It is clear there. If you can’t accept that, just cope with.
Again, it has been Blizzard’s stance on this for more than a decade. Such addons violate the point 3 of Addon development ToS.

They can, because the addon gets “banned” in game via hotfix. You won’t be able to activate it.

Curseforge also will remove the addon because it violates Blizzard’s Addon ToS.
Even if they develop a new addon (which they will have to), they won’t be able to submit to Curseforge or if they do, it will get removed.

The “easy” distribution of names they deem to be “blacklisted” will be gone and they will have to maintain an “offline” addon, which people might not like to use because of lack trust etc. Even then, anyone who gets their hands on the addon file, can again submit it attached to the e-mail in that thread and report it as being distributed offline, and Blizzard will once again ban it in game, blocking the addon from being enabled by your end.

Listen, this is not the first time someone had the idea of “blacklisting” people for whatever reason they wanted and creating an addon. Those were squashed and removed from the game.

Only pirate server babies who never been to Blizzard before don’t know it. So, yeah, living and learning, you’re welcome for the information.

Edit: you don’t seem to be a newbie around. AT least, not your account. So did you buy your account also?

1 Like

They do not block addon 1 by 1, that’s what websites like curseforge do with their own politics which are not tied to Blizzard ToS.

They restrict addons features and access to API. So removing the features of this addon would require all addons to not have any acess to players names, so that is just not happening. :man_shrugging:

Go touch some grass

Again, it seems that you’re new here. These addons get blocked in game, they always have been and there is a reason why they are.

They do adhere to removing addons that violate Blizzard’s ToS. That has been their stance also for more than a decade…

Oh, the irony of someone giving an advice of something they can’t do it themselves.

1 Like

They do, but also are not bound to and can choose to remove addons from their websites for any reasons.

They block functionality ingame else you’d have the same problem someone said in this topic, you’d just get the addon hosted elsewhere or change the name. It’s stupid to think that blocking an addon is the end of it if the functionality is still ingame xd

Moreover when some blacklists use weakaura so you can’t just “ban” them.

I’m just chilling after having eaten some dal chicken :person_shrugging:

They do remove. They have been removing it for more than a decade. WagoIO also does, once the addon is reported, they remove.

You keep arguing in some sort of circumventing the existing rules to justify the existence of an addon that clearly violates the ToS which I just linked.

Are you trying to convince me or yourself that you’re right?
You’re not going to change history or convince blizzard this addon does violate the ToS. This forum is nothing more than a discussion one. Some CM’s might look at threads and intervene, but the people who make those decisions do not read the forum, they read the e-mail which the addon has been reported, and from there they do take their actions.

If you want to make your case that they should allow, after more than a decade of this stance, and change their item (3) of the addon ToS, then please, send an e-mail to WoWUI@blizzard.com and explain why they should.

1 Like

And there are still blacklists addon and players never get banned for using those because they are not illegal as much as some websites try to interfere with them because of their own policies or point of view.

All I am saying is even if they were illegal they haven’t managed to remove them and cannot remove them without harming other addons.

Yes so nothing will change and people will keep using blacklists because it’s not something you can get banned for or that is illegal to use ingame.

What you can is to release an addon that allow players to put the names manually without any name on it.

That is not in violation of the ToS.

If you put any name or server name on an addon that has the sole purpose of discriminate players, it will get banned if reported to Blizzard.

I just sent a report about this addon to blizzard, this is the auto response from the e-mail:

Thank you for your e-mail. This is an automatic reply to confirm that your message has been received at WoWUI@blizzard.com.

This mailbox is used to submit feedback about the World of Warcraft UI Add-On Development Policy and report add-ons that currently violate the add-on policy.

If you have contacted this email address to report an add-on that may be in violation of the policy, please be assured that we will look into these reports and please continue to provide information regarding these add-ons.

I’ll keep this thread updated with answers later.

If you do something wrong and that people do not want to play with you that is not discrimination. For it to be discrimination it needs to not be about actions but what “you” are.

That’s like people in this thread that think that a blacklist is harassment. Discrimination and harassment have hard definitions and blacklists like people use are mainly for ninjas and are not concerned by this.

The addon violates the addon ToS, no matter how much you want to paint it otherwise.
No mater how much mental gymnastics you try to do.

If you want to maintain a list of names on your discord, or a webpage, etc, you can, but not within an addon.

2 Likes