Black Lives Matter

I’m an analyst by profession. I think i’m capable of relating data together and understanding what it means just fine, thank you.

1 Like

We live in a society.

He was just trying to tell you your opinion was wrong which is pretty typical.

It couldn’t possibly be that black people commit a disproportionate amount of violent crime in the United States (per capita) than white people. It couldn’t possibly be that the likely hood of a black individual committing violent crime is 3.4 times as much as a white person committing violent crime. Its almost as if your numbers are completely accurate given the statistics.

Source: 2018 FBI crime data against 2018 estimated population figures from census data.

5 Likes

I see, Well it would be caddish of me to belabor the point. I will just leave you to it then. My apologies for pushing you on your own field of interest.

We will just have to agree to disagree in a civilized fashion.

1 Like

I clicked the flag button on the OP and instead of flagging it, a video popped of of Lizzo calling me a fragile white supremacist. WTF Blizz? I don’t pay you subscription money for this.

3 Likes

Im simply stating facts. Its okay that you disagree with the facts, its just called delusion.

2 Likes

Oh yeah? Prove it. Let’s see some statistics that racism doesn’t exist.

Okay and having said that, shouldn’t it be looked into why black people are more likely to commit a violent crime? It can’t just be “well because skin color”.

Well, melanin is a hormone, it can affect behavior. But there is a correlation between intelligence and life outcome, and intelligence right now sits at about 80% hereditary 20% environmental from current studies.

Can you post a link to it?

Various studies have been done to understand why this is the case. Most of the studies point to it being a combination of usually left leaning policy (laws created by more left leaning politicians) and culture.

When young impressionable black children are influenced by a culture that promotes violence and violent crime in their music, and when gang life is considered the “in” thing, coupled with the fact that black out of wedlock birth rates are in the 70% range, it is pretty clear that in order to improve the crime rates, some dramatic shifts in culture need to happen.

4 Likes

Could it be possible that socio-economic conditions might be linked to crime-rates? Is is possible that systematic and traceable disenfranchisement results in socio-economic caste pooling as it relates to race producing a misleading crime to race statistic that can be produced as a surface element?

Isn’t it possible to measure these sorts of effects per capita rather than per head? Why then does the same effect not surface in wealthy or middle class neighborhoods with statistically similar racial profiles?

Doesn’t that suggest that it is not race but economic stressors producing elevated crime rates?

Isn’t this what you do?

That doesn’t give police officers the right to assume a black person is committing a crime merely because they are statistically more likely to commit a crime. That helps increase the statistical disparity because officers are more likely to stop a black person. If cops stop 3 black people for every one white person, then obviously black people will be arrested for a crime 3 times more than white people.

1 Like

So much racism in 2 paragraphs. Wow.

3 Likes

“All lives matter” is the new “white power”. Just FYI.

3 Likes

Black Lives Matter

1 Like

I think back to the FBI report on the Fergison police that outright stated the police officers would treat the poor neighborhoods like piggy banks and would shake down residents there with fines and arrests rather than doing actual policing.

No, you are stating facts and then giving your own biased opinion of those facts.

3 Likes

I think what is needed is systems in place to encourage black entrepreneurs to make their own corporations for black people and to encourage them to invest in each other and their own communities and help each other grow. I mean I know people are going to say it’s a pipedream as black on black crime is a thing, but from what I understand black people do have an understanding that this is an in-house issue where there is an understanding that the criminal was mentally ill due to the conditions in that black community, not that it’s an excuse. But truth is whereever there is poverty, crime is hard to escape from.

But the point is, what is needed is to support those communities by investing in them and not in ways that result in violence and poverty. I do have great hope for black communities, as consider this, white peoples response to 9/11 was to go bombing Arab countries killing their kids and everything, black people aren’t doing that the most they are doing is just smashing stuff up destroying stuff (though those are probably most just white people in hoodies paid by Antifa but that’s not really the point). I mean to see the whole picture if you living in poverty of course you are going to steal stuff.

What I am saying is that protesting is all well and good but I would much sooner we do something practical to help black communities, rather than just attending protests as its the trendy thing to do, we need to think of what can really help the vulnerable communities grow and be competitive.

I am not saying that we shouldn’t protest, I just think we need to do something to help the black communities grow economically.

Think about it.