BiS Trinket is locked behind Hardmode Megadungeon on very last boss?

Why is this even a thing?

Why is hunter’s BiS Mirror trinket locked behind a megadungeon from last season, that is unable to get from vendor with bullions, and locked behind the 8th boss that no one else wants to do because most of the gear that people want drops is from the first 4 boss (tank trinket) and stops - and that’s just heroic track. To get mythic, you have to have zero deaths for this trinket, which is super SUPER hard. Let me re-iterate that: you have to kill all 8 bosses, without a single death from anyone to get mythic track trinket. Mind you, these are around level Mythic+10 level equivalent dungeon with extra mechanics.

On top of that, not everyone even wants to do another full grind of season 3 dungeons, and especially this dungeon.

Additionally, you can’t get this from vault as it shows only as a Mythic 0 Track (champion). Like WHY would you even make this a thing for hunters? If you stop mid-way, then you have to start ALL over from the beginning 4 bosses again. Just a pain and a horrible design.

1 Like

Because it’s just how the chips fell and I don’t think Blizzard should manually build a BiS list. It’s not like they made it this way. They just didn’t deliberately not make it this way. It just is what it is.

But all trinkets should probably be on the bullion Vendor.

3 Likes

It’s complete madness!

Although it sucks… there are probably only 9 people that need that trinket.

The rest are bricking 8s … and blaming that fact on “not having a BiS trinket.” gg

6 Likes

Because you will be able to overgear it before the end of the season since it is set at a fixed difficulty and doesn’t scale like M+.

1 Like

Not gonna lie I think personally that it’s pretty cool to have the option to get mythic loot by doing a deathless run. Dawn of the time hard mode is designed like a raid so yes you might want a reliable team for this not a pug and I think that’s fine.

2 Likes

Idk, I kind of thought dawn hard mode was super fun. And that’s after wiping for 3 hours on deios, he’s a hard hitting boi.

M10 are actually a big joke compared to dawn hard mode and I strongly believe every dungeon should have a new hard mode variant going forward (hero track gear in no timer 5 man content), it fills a niche that pretty much hasnt existed before.

3 Likes

To be fair you could probably just do fine with Whispering or Pips as the other due to how hunter damage works.

I mean is it really going to break your DPS to just have your second best trinket?

1 Like

Skill issue; I got that achievement in the first week or two of the dungeon releasing back in Season 2.

It’s slightly harder now.

Greiftorch is probably better anyway and you can buy it with bullion. If anyone dies it is better.

1 Like

“Slightly harder” when players have nearly one hundred more item levels than in Season 2? Yeah, even more of a skill issue.

stop trolling the forum @kiofea

DotI Hard Mode in S4 is calibrated for ~+9-10 key level play (where getting Hero items is more relevant).

The S2 difficulty DotI no longer exists.

2 Likes

The dude literally at me; this is beyond parody.

Either the OP’s missing something here or I am. Isn’t the vault always at least hero track for mythic dungeons? I’m confused by them saying that they’re getting champ stuff from the vault by clearing mythics.

Additionally, I don’t think it’s a special trinket that’s excluded from appearing in the vault. It does suck that it’s such a long dungeon though for M0, if you’re hunting specific stuff and M+ isn’t an option for you.

The DoTI dungeon items aren’t in the Vault pool, but can be obtained from M0 HM on hero track, or mythic track if deathless.

For context I tried it on my hunter (https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en-us/character/us/thaurissan/wish) and currently healer wasn’t able to handle 4th boss. They were 502 tho.

It is the start of the season and it will get easier tho. If we get to 522-528 I’m sure we’ll burn it easy tho.

1 Like

If some of the folks in other threads are to be believed, you need to work for your gear and stop complaining. (I think it’s absurd that it’s locked behind hardmode).

Hunters have other good trinket options, not really sure what all the fuss is about here. Pre-nerf Neltharax was different and actually worthy of complaint. This one…meh.