Biggest RMT fuel after GDKP is boosting, which will keep RMT market healthy

I would be cautious in selling boosts. All it takes to violate the new policy is for one of the paying players to loot any item in the raid.

• We’re defining GDKP as any raid or dungeon run where items are awarded in exchange for gold. Please note that we have multiple detection methods for GDKP that are effective both inside and outside of dungeon or raid instances.
4 Likes

Because in SOD you can quest to make gold on top of using professions and the AH. And in GDKPs things aren’t going for hundreds of gold. The epic sword went for a whole 20g the last time I saw it drop. The average item goes for like 5g. And all phase the highest item I saw was the staff and that was 120g, which is just 2 days of questing. BFD pots honestly aren’t that big.

https://imgur.com/a/TvVU7o0

1 Like

Everyon knows in GDKPs pots differ greatly depending on the buyers pockets. I was not denying, that there are runs without horrendous pots. However, I was aiming at the claim, that gold spend in GDKPs is so low compared to level boosting, that without GDKPs, RMT activities would only go down by a small bit. These ~70s for RFC runs are not much either and its a fixed price.
Therefore I would still like to know on what basis the claim was made, that most of RMT is unrelated to GDKPs.

The amount of RMT given to streamers by their subs is an issue too, so we gonna ban them now yes?

1 Like

I could be wrong, but the people doing the boosting don’t need the loot. Thus even this is gonna fall under that. RIP WC and etc runs.

wrong.

the booster can just keep all the loot and not put it on ffa.

no need for that.

it certainly wont, i see boosts going for as little as 9 gold, absolutely nothing in comparison to the 800+ gold that GDKP was bringing in

1 Like

3-5g Stockade boosts for 15 minutes is 12-20g every 15 minutes. In 30 minutes that booster has 24-40g. I have maybe received 1 payout over 24g for the 30 minute raid all phase 1 and I am in a GDKP guild that does 4-6 raids a lockout every lockout. Those massive pots of 500g are very rare. I can show you SSs of all the loot ledgers posted for the phase because they keep track because every GDKP has a record. But a booster can make so much more in the same time if they are good.

But again. The AH, professions, and questing are all easy viable avenues to obtain gold. So I am not sure how many people in SOD are buying gold to GDKP. I can’t name one person in guild that does but it is possible someone does and I just don’t know. Just like it is possible that someone that doesn’t GDKP also buys gold. I would just like to ban the RMTers. GDKPs would still exist if no gold was bought ever.

Getting rid of GDKPs isnt going to put a dent in the RMT’s.

If you think so, you’re ignorant.

Pretty bald to call anyone, who is not in line with your assumption, ignorant. Contrary to what you just stated, the gold price dropped by like half after the announces for SoD within 1 or to days. Seemingly GDKPs are indeed an important factor when it comes to selling gold for real money and even Blizzard acknowledges that.

1 Like

Damn i better get some

Lol a pre-raid BiS items is going for 100g min on Lone Wolf, I highly doubt a GDKP raid epic on that server is being sold for 20g, unless no one actually needed it and someone just wanted it for the looks.

Sounds like you’re leaving out key context here.

1 Like

Paid level boosting and raid carries need to be banned as well.

I agree OP, Blizzard should announce next their plans to ban boosting. Let’s fully crack down on these activities.

1 Like

I would frankly prefer this over botting tbh. Sure it’s still against the ToS and should be banned, but if we could get every gold seller to make their gold from legitimate players instead of massive bot farms, the game would be so, so much healthier lmao.

Raid carries definitely are banned under Blizzard’s clarification of what they consider a GDKP. Anyone who’s saying otherwise is arguing semantics and grasping at straws and I wish them luck when Blizzard’s new automatic GDKP detection systems flag and ban them for trying to sell carries.

Level boosting might also be banned tbh, but it’s far more of a gray area. The only way level boosters won’t get banned is if they refuse to let their customers loot a single mob in the dungeon they’re being leveled through. Otherwise, they’re very much ‘doing a GDKP’ under Blizzard’s new rules.

BFD pots aren’t even close to that lmao

1 Like

It should be banned even if the one getting boosted doesn’t loot anything. There is no reason to allow that kind of paid service when XP rates have been buffed for SoD. People either need to play the game normally or quit.

1 Like

Grey parsers should be banned.

I would have accepted mine when I had a few, and then I would have made a new account and learned my lesson.