Big Sur Cursor Icons Seem Off

Updated to Big Sur today, no big issues at first glance when logging in, everything looks great at first glance.

I noticed that icons seem really messed up or low resolution though. Particularly the cursor icons, they all look like something out of Warcraft 2 when I hover over any intractable. Rest of the game looks fine, FPS seems to keep up.

Tried resetting WTF folder but same issue. Resolution scale is running at same resolution as the window size that i was using prior to Big Sur.

It is not unplayable by any means, but it is a bit off-putting. I realize it is a very new update, so no rush, but if anybody is experiencing the same thing it would be good to know.

6 Likes

My cursor is also doing this; it’s very dark and washed out. And, same as you, the resolution is at its normal settings. It seems to be the only thing that is not working properly after updating to Big Sur. Restarting my computer, updating addons, etc, have had no impact. 2019 MacBook Pro 16" AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB.

2 Likes

I’m seeing the same thing on my 16" MBP, but not on my 2015 iMac. Odd.

I just updated to Big Sur and I’m having the same problem. Did anyone find a solution to this problem?

In case anyone has this same problem, the issue is some interaction with true tone. I opted to just turn true tone off. To do this go to:

System Preferences > Displays > Deselect True Tone

1 Like

THank you bro!! you helped me out :slight_smile: <3