Big problem with mob damage

The warrior is 44, mob is grey, probably has plate on shoulders and elsewhere, and what appears to be the SM shield. Yeah 13 isn’t much damage, but this is very different than a 30 bear druid. We could speculate he has > 50% damage reduction and try to guess damage as being 20-30…

This just needs more systematic tests from beta players. If there are other mitigation bugs, I’m sure they will be found.

You’re misremembering what blizzard said. Before they started the classic project, they replied to people asking for a vanilla server that they lost the code.

Afterwards they found/had the code from 1.12 on an old server that they’ve been using as a reference to create classic with.
They’re not “trying to remember” they’re using raw code from 1.12.

1 Like

The Bear druid is getting hit for 16-20 by those crabs and a turtle. 13-16 is a 23% increase in damage taken. 13-20 is a 53% increase in damage taken.

Split it down the middle, that’s what? 38% average?

Looks fine to me.

Level 26 Rogue in 2006 getting hit by the satyrs for 66 damage:

Level 30 Bear druid getting hit for 54 and then 58 in Classic, followed by hits in the 30’s and 40’s which could be from the Naga as well. The stealthed mobs may also have an ambush, the initial attacks are a good comparison either way:

Bold to say when they have found a bug with mobs hitting for less than they should through things like stoneskin totem. Blizz may have the client, but something may be interfering with actual values. Don’t be so quick to dismiss things you don’t understand.

1 Like

The data comes from the server-side of things. They have that data.

Sorry, you’re just wrong.

1 Like

People have posted videos of some values being incorrect you dunse. There are several more months of testing to be had.

1 Like

They haven’t tampered with those numbers at all. They said there’d be no re-tuning.

You’re trying to tell us that Blizzard’s own backup 1.12 server data is wrong and the pservers are right. You do realize how that makes you look.

Laeric, you aren’t understanding what I am saying. Blizzard does have the correct values, however something may be messing with the actual application of the data. There have already been confirmed bugs with some mobs.

2 Likes

Could it be modern day internet speeds?

Citation needed.

Don’t forget that nobody has played actual vanilla since 2006. Blizzard is the only true source for actual damage values. Whether you like it or not they are the key holders to the gateway to a true vanilla experience.

We’ve already seen blue posts which are telling us that the elite mob/boss damage values are correct which many people (likely private server players) thought were wrong. I’d assume that’s likely the case here as well.

Those bugs don’t explain them running on the old client and still getting the same numbers.

1 Like

Exactly.

Either these videos aren’t from 1.12, or they’re from a non-legit 1.12.

We already debunked Teremus and Bolvar needing to be hostile to one another.

Guess we will have to see with the Beta, it’s important for people to bring these issues up.

I personally think the numbers are accurate. We should be less concerned with damage numbers and more concerned with whether or not mechanics and environmental rendering are working as intended.

NPC pathing, too.

I mean, last I saw, Stormwind City seemed to be working as intended save for the Keep missing its entire top half on the outside. But I’m told that’s been fixed.

Not this again. The mob dmg is correct.

Joana has already stated this aswell.

People still claiming its not correct are either just wrong or watching videos from pservers.

2 Likes

Makes sense, thanks!!

accurate or not, it would be nice to make elite dungeons harder. They have become too easy with the knowledge and experience we possess.

The game was never as hard as others like EQ which you will legit get smoked, but it should pose a threat if a boss breaks on your healer, etc.

No they went to the archives and found 1.12
They have the actual data.

1 Like

Hey, you guys wanted classic wow, and guess what, you got it. THE ORIGINAL game at it’s finished state. You cried for a blizzard experience, not a pserver experience. Now you cry it’s wrong because of pserver data is different to blizzard data. Blizzard is doing everything right, as it is, but not good enough for some people. If it’s “Not like you played on pservers” I’m glad it isn’t. That stuff is wrong, to begin with.

Over all, not a problem now because we as the players know better then when the game was new and didn’t know better.

1 Like

The guy who made this video just posted a comment on it, admitting that the damage numbers on the beta are likely correct.

Baron / Cstrike Gaming 22 minutes ago

“EDIT: Thanks to all who provided video footage for most of the examples in my video, after reviewing many of them, it does appear that the mobs are likely doing correct damage.”

We done with this now?

1 Like