Big problem with mob damage

That video is terrible, blizzard doesn’t want feed back of “oh i remember them hitting harder back in classic” they want actual proof of what they hit for back then compared to what they hit for now.

2 Likes

I want to thank Baron for actually testing things in the beta so we have the closest vanilla experience come this august from what it was back in the day.

Correct, all the evidence is pointing to classic wow mobs just not hitting that hard. It’s just the pserver crowd begging for it to be harder to suit their needs, thinking that’s how it was in vanilla when it definitely was not.

How did Baron test anything? He basically just said this mob does less damage then this mob when there are a lot of different factors involved, hell crabs and turtles always did less damage in vanilla so half that video is pointless.

Nope.

Complaining about Rethilgore’s damage in SFK. Getting hit for around 22:

Level 24 Warrior in 2006, getting hit for around 18:

Turn the video down to 0.25 speed to better see the numbers. I’m eagerly awaiting (sarcasm) the posts saying “but what about the other mobs!”

Go check 'em yourself, you’ll find the same results.

7 Likes

What in the world is this? Why are people linking this? He’s comparing equal or higher level mob damage to green mobs, he’s comparing bosses to trash mobs. This is apples to oranges all the way through.

2 Likes

These people have a mental illness. Every time they are given what they want, it isn’t good enough. So they have to make up issues to complain and be miserable. At no point can they just be happy. Blizzard did not owe us Classic and honestly between the streamer hate and this conspiracy theory I would be ok with them telling us to kick rocks and canceling it. This community of ‘adults’ is nightmare fuel.

4 Likes

Er… Wait, are you agreeing with me or…?

I posted to you and followed up with a statement to the people that will most certainly move the goalposts, yet again.

Ah, yeah.

Honestly, I am glad you posted the comparison video to back up the fact that its not out of alignment :slight_smile:

It’s players just remembering wrong because it was hard for them back then and now, after years of playing and experience, it’s not as crazy as they have romanticized it to be.

I don’t think Blizzard is going to change anything, their statement on enemy damage felt pretty firm which I think is good. Not to mention no one has posted any legitimate concrete evidence that proves that not to be the case.

2 Likes

It’s not the first one I’ve done. I’ve done them for Herod and Mograine as well. The numbers are all correct, bosses or mobs; there’s no disparity between the numbers on beta and original 2006 WoW.

You should see the people posting Night Effect photoshopped screenshots on reddit and getting 600+ upvotes by claiming that’s how dark nights are supposed to be. Hooooo weeeeeee.

5 Likes

show me proof. “damage definitely was not” post the links. have you seen how he can tank multiple elite mobs in a dungeon higher levels than him with sunder armor stacks and in nelf form. and you still think nothings wrong? so your saying he can just solo that dungeon with elites levels and levels upon higher than him. that makes sense. so you want a bfa version of vanilla too where u pull 50 mobs and aeo them down hahaa get outa heree

1 Like

Many say “haha you can’t prove it”. But in this case players can not be required to provide more solid proofs because they don’t have the tools/data. Only Blizz can do that because only they posses them. The only thing players can do is say “It looks wrong to us, please Blizz do more thorough tests.” And it is exactly what players do.

1 Like

they wouldn’t tell us to “kick rocks” in a million years. it’s a gold mine if they get it right. and all these people backing blizz up for no reason? It’s a beta YOUR SUPPOSED TO REPORT THINGS THAT ARE WRONG. Stop trying to back blizz if there is something clearly wrong. on top of that make a post about how you know the damage is correct. post a vid from vanilla and lets see.

That’s actually been done in this very thread. Both the hyena’s and the boss in SFK have both seem to be correct. The boss in SFK actually had a video from 2006 posted a couple of posts up that shows about the same damage ( the 2006 video is actually less damage ).

1 Like

Actually i don’t need to show you any proof, you need to show proof that its wrong but you know you can’t do that because its not wrong, blizzard has a working 1.12 client, they know what’s correct and people that keep making half assed videos wont change that.

2 Likes

The hyenas he killed at the end have super low hp and dont do much damage. They come in packs. Check the 2005 comments in old wowhead. I kill them in beta when they are red to me on my mage because they have such little hp I can aoe them down.

I just wonder when someone is going to start posting reference vanilla damage to prove its wrong in video versus their feelings. Everytime, everyones feelings are wrong, and the data is right.

Most of that video is him in bear form with demoralizing roar or the ap debuff on mobs. And with fast swinging mobs too.

It’s most likely accurate but either way, group content should be buffed. What these Asmon runs have showed us is that challenging content with Vanilla’s mechanics can be a lot of fun. Unfortunately though, same-level content will be a cakewalk for the average player of 2019. Private servers responded to this by buffing dungeons and raids and it was very well received by the playerbase.

1 Like

Most of it can not be proved/disprove if wrong/right. Only Blizz can do more thorough tests.

Well, if elite mobs don’t hit harder than normal mobs, it’ll be glorious soloing those dungeons on my warlock! No matter how one look at it, right or wrong, elite mobs hitting in the 20-30 range is laughable :grin:

2 Likes