Big problem with mob damage

Are those Vanilla videos, or pserver videos?

I’m willing to bet pserver.

Do you have the actual code from vanilla? Does the guy in the video? Blizzard does. They are also still looking at all of this and will tweak things if they are wrong. Be prepared to get what the original data shows though and you might not like it. Peoples “memory” is not a valid data source and doesn’t change the truth.

3 Likes

Thats not how math works. You cant just say that you feel like they should hit harder and make up numbers.
If there was any evidence the number were wrong I would be on board. So far everythin I have found even when actively trying to prove it was wrong showed the numbers are right

3 Likes

Laeric…those are beta videos.

They can also change the numbers without your knowledge too. just to please their overlords. sad world.

2 Likes

Well if anyone has their original wow guide then just look it up.

How old is the WoW guide? Is it pre-1.12?

Several people have gon back through the old guides and found the numbers match. I have seen people claim they didnt but them they fail to link any videos.

I don’t know about mob damage in the beta. but aggro ranges DO seem wrong to me.
I want blizzard to investigate the aggro ranges.

1 Like

They did. Check the not a bug list.

Blizzard have already commented on this “issue” mob damage is correct and they’ve shown the math to prove it.

1 Like

Just like you, I want the game to be good. But I want the values to be accurate, even if it is bad. That is what we asked for the good, bad, and ugly from original vanilla. Let’s see what turns out.

1 Like

Link to actually math to prove its right otherwise.

search recent blue posts. It will pop up

Maybe they lowered the damage with chemtrails. Wait is that why they added flying mount? Illuminati confirmed!

6 Likes

Me too man, or girl or whatever you are. But I do feel the world should feel dangerous as hell like a wild safari ride.

9th post in this thread has the link from Blizzard.

1 Like

its just one mob from deadmines. if they was checked all the numbers I would bet they would find a problem. also the deadmines damage is correct.
But what I think the real problem is the armor vaule % is prolly what it is.

So you want Blizzard to go through every mob and test their damage. Then take screen shots and show them to you some guy on the forums who has already accused them of lying and changing the numbers.
That seems like a great use of resources right befor the game launches.

3 Likes

LOL @ wild safari ride. I hope it is hard too, but I played the beta stress test for a few hours and it was easier but I think it’s because I know the classes better now and I am a better overall player than I was back then. And it was still fun as hell. lol

1 Like