Big Blood Elf Customization Thread

Blood elves and void elves really lost out when they lost the night elf fangs: an essay in three parts.

2 Likes

Well my dear Sledge, coming 9.1.5 colors as a mark of visual differentiation between races literally went out of the window. and I don´t think is fair to ask for broader color availability only for the Belf races.

Lore literally says NOTHING on the matter, ergo a race like Tauren should be able to get green / purple / pink / whatever colors they want, not stay limited to red, yellow and blue. and this should be appliable to all races, not only the elves. Likewise, a Belf player that wants to put purple on his /her monk should be allowed to, no reason to limit it.

THIS. Out of likes but will upvote when I can.

1 Like

sad thing is. that actually looks cool. if void elves could look like that all the time id give them a second look for sure when i play alliance

4 Likes

Huh?? Forsaken can wield holy and yet they’re still here. Undeath isn’t Forsaken only, I mean have you heard of Death Knight?

Look, there are different kind of elves. Felblood, San’layn, Void Elves, hell even Wretched. Blood Elves eyes are like mood rings; green, gold, blue and purple. I want RED, and San’layn sounds perfect to introduce red eyes. :wink:

Give us fangs to drink blood and our eyes will turn RED.

1 Like

I’m waiting to see what colors make it to live before I make my final judgement on that. Hopefully whatever void elves get has a cooler base, and the warmer hair colors are left to blood elves.

But that’s my personal visual preference.

My monkey brain can grasp “reddish colors, horde, blueish colors, alliance” on the fly.

I totally feel you there, I was genuinely hoping that Void Elves would get like a permanent glowing skintone or two or three but it seems less and less likely now so not going to hold my breath for that anymore. :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face:

3 Likes

Please go take them. I honestly don’t care. Rather, I’d like to see plenty of San’layn Blood Elves in game. I am not even joking.

3 Likes

That looks like Shantae drinking too much Blue Pepsi.

1 Like

I don´t think devs are gonna invest time to fix tentacles were they had them, so either the “regular colors” would had to be taken from KT color palette and look unatural still, full frankenstein job (and oh boy, if this happens prepare your ears cause the errr… “reaction” is gonna be as “lively” as the reaction from the implementation of the Velf race was on that infamous Blizzcon).

Or the devs would simply go for the lowest hanging fruit and, like the skins, copy/paste the 5 most popular Belf hairstyles and make the regular colors only available for these. Taken from the Belf palette ofc. Easiest customization ever, and better yet they can claim that they did so “to support Helf RP and like Belves are Helves, well…” you get my point.

They have A LOT to do with LF and NB alone, not time to waste.

Personally? I´m almost sure it´s gonna be option 2.

Also blue / green palette for trolls since Vanilla, ergo NOT always was blueish Alliance exclusive.

My personal bet is that it’s going to be kul’tiran colors, since the texture is there for an easy swap to the existing void elf hairstyles (and we know Blizzard doesn’t like to work harder than they have to). I imagine the tentacles will remain colored just like they are – I would be… surprised if they work differently on different hairstyles. So I could have my boy have his tentacle mullet, but in brown.

Yeah, the color thing isn’t hard and fast - I mean, I am on a red headed dwarf, after all. I just find it a fairly intuitive visual coding in places where there might otherwise be too much overlap. Like short elves.

And Ariel, if I’ve learned NOTHING else about short elf customizations over the past few years, it’s that I always, always, ALWAYS need to prepare my ears. Because someone is going to be annoyed.

3 Likes

DK is a hero class. I support dark ranger as a hero class.
but the normal blood elves those that are part of the quelthalas kingdom have a unique lore and aesthetics that should be respected.

I do not want them, they do not represent what is the society of quelthalas and the lore

UNESCO’s ideal is not gonna work anymore.

the blood elves are not cannibal monsters! we are not undead.
the blood elves have a connection with a powerful light source. the undeads as personalization is illogical within lore.

pretty cool!!!

But you are asking for concepts made for void elves to be given to blood elves. That’s all I’m saying. No shade, I don’t mind the sharing!

2 Likes

Are you ok with people taking things for inspiration or not?

If so leave em alone. o-O Those items pictured work just as well for Blood Elf Farstriders as they do for High Elf Rangers.

I used to hold that view point… now I think on it… you convinced me against it.

Sometimes colors mean things sometimes they don’t. Tattoo ink doesn’t seem a strong point to contend.

Now I think the Farstrider tattoos should be different for void elves and blood elves for example. No limit on colors.

Alleria’s style for void elves, the WCII kind for blood elves.

Exactly.

Plus if one is a fan of the RTS ones… well… my army was always yellow regardless of who I was using. :stuck_out_tongue: So I have a tendency to like yellow tattoos.

The day Mag starts demanding Tentacles for Blood Elves I’ll be worried.

Yeah… Night Elves really lost out when Blizzard defanged them throughout their entire WoW story.

Its a common ask for Void Elves actually. In fact folk seem to want a whole set of EE skin tone ranges.

Heres hoping.

3 Likes

i dont think it is applicable to both sides

blood elf farstriders are the ones that are ‘intimately bound to the wildlands’ and void elves are ‘intimately boud to the VOID’

lorthemars(a farstrider) commentary in shadows of the sun reflects this, where he is sickened by the sight of the plaguelands

He winced to look at the land; he was an elf, and, moreover, a ranger—a child of the open woods, of clear water and golden leaves. The sight of the cracked, foamy soil and withered trees of eastern Lordaeron twisted his heart and nearly made him retch

and eventually in the blood elf zone when youre sent to the borderlands to seek the farstriders this is how they greet you

%Name, it is good you have come. Our list of allies grows thin, and even those who share our cause are not completely trusted. It is because of this that we, the rangers, turn to nature for aid.

In the allies of the forest we find a deep bond that does not know deceit.

so farstriders have very strong bonds with nature. alleria aside, there is almost no chance any farstrider is going to seek out something as corrupting as the void. it would be a complete 180

truth is void elves lorewise would just be basically void mages, running around blasting enemies with void magic, summoning tendrils from nowhere(like a druid casting roots), and opening portals to move around or even drop people/objects through into the nether. their racials even favor casters. you just get access to hunters and melee types because it would be too restrictive

take this image for instance courtesy of paranoia’s dungeon on youtube. all of the void elves here are mages…no surprise to me

the farstrider aesthetic should not be shared with void elves. at least not with their established colors of blue and green. blue is not a marker for the alliance. if it was horde races wouldnt have blue tattoo/warpaint options and vice versa for alliance races with red. LFD only have gold. i think void elves should follow this with different shades of pink and purple and black and runic shaped ofc. feathers for a void elf are also a joke. i mean at some point you have to accept this game is not written by tolkein and there needs to be a line IF hair is no longer a point of distinction

5 Likes

Blood Magic as a fourth spec for mages pls, healing and support spec for mages.

Helfers will jump in to demand everything that Blood Elves get, there is no helping it. Blizzard have listened to their cries once, now they know that blizzard will listen if they whine enough.

Blood Elves right now have the blue, green, purple, golden, I think totally blank too, hues. Which is all fine and dandy, but blizzard forgets that High Elves and Blood Elves have normal human-like eyes underneath. I say Blood Elves get to remove the glow and only have the natural human-like eyes show.

Red eyes my posterior, pah! Blood magic is nothing but tortured life magic, one gotta ask the question if any form of life magic leaves a taint on the body, like arcane, fel and void does.

1 Like

How could it not be?

Alleria shows up with groups of Void Elf Rangers. We have several in the rift even. They’re a thing.

Not only that they were blood elves… its fair given that they have rangers from the start that there must have been several from then so… farstriders. At the very least rangers.

Plus there isn’t a reason void elves wouldn’t adopt Alleria’s tattoos. Shes still a war hero.

Now her tattoos are not the tattoos from WCII. Despite her having them back then. Which is why I like the idea of having Alleria’s style of farstrider tattoo be the void elf ones, while blood elves get farstrider tattoos reminiscent of WCII. The braveheart looking ones. Think it was Ariel who came up with that idea that convinced me.

That said its just tattoos in that case.

Do I think the feathers and things fit void elves? Eh not immensely. Braids? I guess… thats just a hairstyle. Replacing tentacles with braids I’m not really for or against. Prefer just a tentacle toggle… cause thats (again in my opinion) a void option.

We all know full well that those interested in High Elves will be gunning for both of those next though.

I disagree that its just because it would be too restrictive.

From day one we have Umbral Rangers around Telogrus Rift and when Alleria shows up in the Battle of Lordaeron there, she shows up with Gnomes and Void Elf Rangers.

I mean I don’t mind your point of view either except I resolutely do see the rangers of the void elves as valid.

That said I’m probably biased on that. My first void elf was a ranger. (though I don’t buy into making her a high elf in any regard. Shes a void elf blueberry damnit.)

3 Likes