Big Blood Elf Customization Thread

I wholeheartedly agree. I’ve always said Nightborne needed love way before Blood Elves did and I’m so happy they’re getting the attention they deserve. My mains are Blood Elves, Nightborne, goblin and undead. I love the aristocracy is the former two, and the chaos and hijinks of the latter. I can’t wait to see the full list when it comes out in PTR next week.

That being said, Blood Elves seem like they’re only there to take assets from, and not give. Jewelry and eye colour is not enough.

4 Likes

Dude, the ONLY concenssus we all reached in this thread was the runic scarification tattoos portrayed in the TBC gamebox, warpaint ala Survival icon (reminiscent of WC3 alpha) and scars. See? several stuff to do instead of cheap mUh JeWeRlY almost nobody asked for (heck, jewerly is only mentioned in conjunction to "let males use it too if we aren´t gonna get anything else) and that some of you seem creeply obssesed with (I when did the party guy in Eversong become a bigger representative of the race than the freaking rest of the race per se?).

Most of the core races passes were not enough.

2 Likes

I suppose I’m always biased by my own aesthetic preferences. My point remains that they do need something, and it should be done with real loving detail.

Who knows what´s really gonna happen. The “customizations are an ongoing” process phrase was delivered after posters asked about AR, NOT in relation to hypothetical second passes to core races.

Also, the fact most players sans worgen with their huge megathread and us recently have even bothered with this additional petitioning process leds me to think the devs may very well ignore further customizations for core races in how many years to come; simply put it apart from Helfer ubber QQ, nobody in this place seems to care for this.

In a way, this thread is nothing but catharsis so we can move on when Blizz let´s us down as usual.

2 Likes

How come there aren’t any FAT goblin player models?

2 Likes

hmmmmmm…Jujubju, I think you missed the Goblin thread, Goblin Customization Thread
I really had to scroll a long ways for that!
Also whoo hoo! my avatar finally updated!

4 Likes

I’d want fat Goblins.
As long as it nothing looks like Bobby Kotick.

1 Like

I really want more braids, and we need tattoos. I want the farstrider look. Also, jewelry I would like better than what we got is hair ornamentation, with a range of metal and gem colors. Like what the draenei got and what lfd are getting. Have silver or gold or other metals twining through the hair with metal feathers and stuff.

I can’t believe the difference in what belves got for jewelry and the draenei.

9 Likes

I´m a firm believer that after the 9.1.5 incoming fiasco, all colors for tattoos, warpaint and gems should be free game for ALL the races (I mean sorry but it comes as pure BS when Helfers cry about “hair colors not being relevant in visual aesthetics” just to jump to demand the two races get only partial color palettes cause “muh Blue!!!”).

Heck, furry races could get away with crazy colors like pastels and neons. Why not?

10 Likes

Yeah, I don’t want jewelry colors or gem colors locked by race. Most of my belves have purple eyes, I’d love purple gems.

9 Likes

Thissss. I think every race across the board needs diverse gems and metals for jewelry.

6 Likes

Not going to lie, I want more color options for my nelves jewelry as well.

6 Likes

Night elves do have the best looking jewelry imo.

6 Likes

Night elves look great, there’s not a ton they need. Women need tattoos though, gender locking them is stupid.

11 Likes

Gender locking anything is stupid especially in this day and age.

13 Likes

Felblood elves

Aurora Borealis/ arcane rainbow/ multi color magical hair.

8 Likes

Careful, you may step on Velfers toes in here with that hair suggestion my man.

Personally idk… isn´t this how Velf haircolors already look? I certainly don´t dig the “let´s clone moar the models” thing.

1 Like

None of the Void Elf hair colors are that pretty but it’s likely like everything else that they see people suggest in our threads they’ll want it.

4 Likes

Actually inspired by the nightborne npcs. I would love this for nightborne too. The nightborne have arcane tips. But I would love two-tone hair styles with arcane glow tips for blood elves.

14 Likes

We need you posting this amazing image ASAP in the male NB thread!!!

Believe me, visuals help a ton.

Also now that you mention it… hmm, maybe not “rainbow colored” as in “all the rainbow colors of the scale” but starting with the current Belf palette, we could idk… get two-tone hair styles (better yet: why not apply this for ALL the hairstyles as a toggle?) and make fun color degradation scales.

For example let´s take my toon´s haircolor (the blueish black). It could start like it and get color degradation until it becomes idk, pink in the arcane glowing tips?) Would look interesting indeed.

As a matter of fact I think they already suggested this in Fen´s thread.

The participants on there right now are insuferable, so I may procrastinate this time and ask Fen himself when he makes his visit around this place.

5 Likes