/petdefensive
/petpassive
/cleartarget
/target arena1
/ping [@arena1] assist
/cast [@arena1] polymorph(duck)
/targetlasttarget

…etc…

Which was recommended to me by someone else… None of these work. The game gets confused at who to target and who I am on.

If I get rid of /target arena1, /cast [@arena1,exists] and
/targetlasttarget [@arena1,exists], it will sheep my target when the person I am trying to sheep goes in stealth, is behind a pillar or is in spirit of redeemer and more!

This is not ideal! What am I suppose to do? This is driving me nuts.

Try this first

#showtooltip
/cqs
/petfollow
/petdefensive
/petpassive
/cast [@arena1,harm] [] Polymorph(Duck)

If that doesn’t work this should

#showtooltip
/cqs
/petfollow
/petdefensive
/petpassive
/target [@arena1,harm]
/ping [@arena1] assist
/cast [@arena1,harm] [] Polymorph(Duck)
/targetlasttarget [@arena1,harm]

I’m not aware of poly being on the list of spells that does weird targeting bs in arenas but it might be.
Spellsteal and Counterspell should also work without the target switching shenanigans.

Thank you!

Do I need to do the same for spellsteal and counterspell?

Adding harm makes it not poly the wrong target when the rogue goes stealth?

harm and exists should essentially function the same in this macro. As for stealth, so long as they still show up on ur arena frames they’re still a valid target.

Another option is to leave off the existence check entirely.

#showtooltip
/cqs
/petfollow
/petdefensive
/petpassive
/cast [@arena1] Polymorph(Duck)

This definitely doesn’t work, if I am trying to sheep a rogue that vanishes it will sheep my target. Also, if the priest is in spirit of redeemer it will sheep my target instead having invalid target for the priest. This is not the only functionality where it gets confused either. Sometimes if they are los or out of range it will sheep my target instead of saying out of range or target is not in line of sight. Also if a player shadowmelds I am trying to sheep, it will instead sheep the person who is not in stealth. Basic @arena1, 2, 3 macros don’t work. I’ve tried bicmex’s fix which helps, but its really buggy in 3s because it switches your target while you are sheeping, cs’ing and spellstealing. When you chain poly+cs+ss, it forgets who you are trying to dps and you have to manually target them.