BG World queue came out in 3.1 with Ulduar

If you’re one of those anti LFDers who keeps saying “well it should come out when it came out originally in ICC if they ever add it in”, your logic just got upended. We’re getting the bg world queue in prepatch, but originally it didn’t come out all the way until Ulduar.

If we can get bg world queue well before its original release (ulduar) then we can get LFD prior to when it was added in (ICC).

20 Likes

they should just enable RFD with wotlk classic launch.

who cares? we’re here for the content. let us experience the content.

9 Likes

Why must we always fallaciously compare different things? Not all systems are treated the same because different systems are DIFFERENT.

RDF would alter the early stage gearing process way more than open-world BG queue. That’s why it’s okay for one and not the other. It’s because, drumroll, they are DIFFERENT. Arguments based on false equivalences rarely ever convince.

4 Likes

the real argument should be that RDF NEEDS to be implemented to protect players from themselves. gatekeeping and gold/reserve runs will shut out a lot of players

3 Likes

I know who you are man

Arena Forums Town Hall: Community, Rhetoric, and Ethics - PVP / Arenas - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

if anyone isn’t aware read ^

2 Likes

yeah i agree it would be horrible if someone was able to get so much gear early on in the expansion that they were able to just steam roll such titans of the gaming industry like noth the plaguebringer, we should add weights around their feet to make sure this doesn’t happen

RDF will stop the leveling spell cleave groups from gatekeeping dungeons
LFR will embolden the GDKPs. LRF and GDKP are what ruined wow, not RDF.

2 Likes

Great, I’m pretty well known and I’m always happy to meet new fans. Do you have no rebuttal to me dismantling your argument?

Good.

the guy who is tips fedora dismantling arguments just skipped mine, darn

I have an ignore button for little trolls. Shoo

You act as if Blizzard couldn’t just leave off heroic dungeons in phase 1, explaining that they want to retain the heroic lockout part of the gearing process, but still deliver the RDF benefits to normals & leveling.

The only impact that RDF would have in gearing for pre-raid phase is heroic lockouts. And I’m sure most pro-RDF folks would fully understand if that decision was made with that in mind.

You didn’t have an argument.

For people that prove you wrong too, it seems.

Sure, Blizzard could do anything and everything. But if they’re going to completely change RDF so that it fits in to Phase 1, why even add it at all when it’s already very contentious to begin with? This all assumes Blizzard wants to add it in later down the line too, which they’ve said, multiple times now, that they have NO PLANS to.

I know it upsets you when people call you out for what you are, but that doesn’t mean you actually made an argument. You seek attention on these forums, nothing more, nothing less.

1 Like

At least when you get cotton mouth from licking their boots you can just drink the water youre carrying for blizzard

1 Like

I wholly believe LFD should be added. That said - I think they will add it in with Naxx release – or at least Ulduar release. Logic being you’re going to have fewer bodies levelling and in the zones – so this needs to be accommodated.

So, if I’m hearing you correctly, all we have to do is give up queue from anywhere for BG’s and you’ll finally shut up about RDF?

1 Like

And with todays PvP queueing change, they’ve gone and stuck their foot in their mouth contradicting everything they’ve said as to why they’re not adding RDF. Also add in the fact that they’re now going against the content release of the original expansion proving they’re willing to release QoL earlier than when it was originally released.

No, they haven’t. Do you not realize just how different these two things you are ham-fistingly comparing are? PVP and PVE are different. BGs and Dungeons are different. BG queues and RDF queues are different.

Let’s not throw nuance out the window to force this apples to dogs comparison please.

This has never mattered. Expecting arbitrary consistency just for its own sake is silly.

But they already added it in, so your point is irrelevant.

I would be willing to have them take it back in order to settle this. It would be consistent. You can have your way right now.