BG queue times and Low Population Servers

New thread because the people that want the game to die got the other one deleted. This is a real problem. It needs a real solution.

I play on Anathema. Anathema got offered as a free realm transfer location for Whitemane Horde players. We received little to no new players to our server because of this. Free realm transfers are not working to solve the issues. We’ve lost around 30 people to paid realm transfers off our server from both Alliance and Horde. The server is dying. Our Horde PVP queue times are up to 45 minutes to an hour for ALL battlegrounds. Spending 2 hours to get 500 honor and never being able to buy anything is not an acceptable option for gameplay.

We need a solution and we need attention to this issue. These forums are overrun with people that just want to troll and be rude to others. If Blizzard still cares about the game, and cares about the players, and cares about making things work then these issues need real attention. Being silent only perpetuates the problem.

I’m on the verge of quitting. I feel frustrated and unhappy every day that I log in despite this being my favorite expansion and despite having a lot of friends that I enjoy playing with because there’s no one on server anymore. No economy, a lack of grouping, and dismal PVP. I spent 60% of my time online unable to participate in major aspects of the game.

I’m not asking for massive changes to game mechanics. It’s not a gameplay issue. It’s a playerbase issue. You don’t have to redesign the game to fix this. But the longer this goes on, the worse it is going to get. We need action.

5 Likes

Aren’t we on a region based que system? I don’t think your server impacts your que times. Also if the thread got deleted it would have been a result of blizzard doing it… not other players??

Damn its really TBC and this person doesn’t understand how bg queues work. I haven’t seen this complaint since BEFORE vanilla launched.

1 Like

Instantly starts by saying my thread got removed so I just made another. Seriously!!! Like do you not understand it was removed for a reason. What is wrong with you.

Ps. Someone please flag as inappropriate as I can’t. Flagged too many queue posts today already. NEXT!

1 Like

There were a lot of alliance complaining that they wanted to keep their instant queues and reported the thread to make it hidden before it was removed by the system.

Also I am not saying that the Horde queues are affected by my server’s population. These are two distinct complaints that are both affecting players. One is that low population servers are being impacted with issues due to population size, and ALSO that across the board players are having long queue times on Horde. So on low population servers players are hit twice and being smothered out of content.

No where did I suggest that server population has anything to do with queue times. In fact, if population DID affect queue times, I would have instant queues. Anathema is Alliance heavy.

Maybe stop flagging every post you don’t like and the system won’t block you? There’s nothing wrong with my post at all. Flagging it just because you don’t like it is against the rules.

1 Like

I’m all for blizz offering free transfers if they result in a more balanced population on PvP servers. PvE servers I don’t care… que times for horde aren’t something that can be solved, it just is what it is.

#1 people flagging posts don’t remove them. Only forum moderators can. So you got yourself removed.
#2 making a thread when there are threads that already exist is a violation of the code of conduct
#3 making a thread because your thread was removed is a violation of the code of conduct

Stop breaking rules and be an upstanding human being!

I’ll keep the good fight until I run out of reports too.

I disagree that it can’t be solved. There’s plenty of ways to solve it. They could make PVP queues realm based, or create smaller BG groupings to create a more balanced queue system. If they did that, then it would ALSO be an incentive for players that are on larger pop servers to take free realm transfers to smaller pop servers for more balanced queue times, solving two problems at once. It certainly wouldn’t be an immediate solution, but the potential is there.

They could allow the system to begin matching Horde again other Horde in BGs when the queue times get too high. When we reach a point where twice as many horde are in queue than Alliance, then the system can start pairing them out to fix the queue times.

Solutions absolutely exist. Whether they are solutions you want is another matter.

My only thought is I hope I am the one who got his last post removed! 10 more hours and I can report again.

Everything you said is something constructive and could potentially help the issue, besides what I quoted above.

1. Yes actually, community spam reporting (LIKE WHAT YOU ARE DOING) can cause posts to be hidden and removed.
  2. There is no other thread talking about the population issues affecting the Anathema realm in combination with the Horde BG queue times that I have found. Again, just because YOU don’t like the content means nothing.
  3. Didn’t make this thread because my other one was removed, made this thread because there’s a problem that needs to be resolved.

Also attempting to moderate the forums without being a moderator is against CoC. Asking other people to report a post for you is against CoC. Posting off topic and derailing discussion is against the CoC. Please stop trying to pretend to be a moderator.

We’ve been in one big, fat xrealm battlegroup since phase three of Classic with all of North and South America. Plus America’s hat.

2 Likes

Why would the system backfilling battlegrounds with extra Horde once the disparity gets too high not be constructive? It solves the issue with extreme queue times, it doesn’t negatively affect Alliance queue times since it would only trigger once the Horde are already not being paired with Alliance, and it doesn’t allow Horde into Alliance bgs like merc mode would, preserving the faction difference.

Godspeed young priest.

You will be missed.

2 Likes

Yes. I would prefer we not be. The large grouping is bad for PVP queue times. And I never suggested we were not. When I am talking about server/realm population, I am doing so in relation to Anathema and not in relation to the Horde BG queue times. There are two separate issues smashing the server I am on and creating a significant issue.

boggle

1 Like

The best solution would be to reroll since it already exists.

1 Like

The best solution is to throw away 2+ years of gameplay investment on a character and leave all my existing friends behind? Wow, you and I have VERY different ideas of what is best. Especially since you’re objectively wrong. Rerolling has NEVER been the best solution to resolve anything except a desire to play another faction. Something even Blizzard agrees with.