BG Map Gone?

Using Shift M I hear the BG map page turning noise however the map does not show up and seems to have been drug off my screen. I’ve tried disabling addons, changing UI scale, and using MoveAnything to move it with no success. Is there a command I can use to reset this to the center?

1 Like

I’m still having the same problem. Its super annoying.

Try deleting the file responsible for saving the Battleground Map settings.

Log out of the game and head into this folder:

World of Warcraft\_classic_\WTF\Account\(accountname)\(realmname)\(charactername)\SavedVariables

Delete the Blizzard_BattlefieldMap.lua files then relaunch WoW and try Shift-M again.

I gave this a try and it did work to restore my map however as soon as I went to unlock it and move it, the first click on the left tab moves it to the center of the screen and the tab disappears leaving me unable to move it again. Then I need to reset the file to restore. Any ideas what may be causing this to get corrupted like that?

You’re going to need to do a full UI reset to figure out which of your addons is causing the problem.

First, verify that the problem is not present after the full UI reset. Then, if you want, you can restore your addons one by one to see which one causes the failure.

Once you find the offending addon, re-install it fresh.

Good luck.

Spook, maybe instead of full addon resets we can compare our lists and see if there is an overlap.

Atlasloot, Auctionator, Bagnon, Details, Gathermate2, Neatplates, Vendorprice, ShadowedUnitFrames, Sexymap, Quartz, Questie, Omnicc, DBM, Gladdy, NovaInstanceTracker, Leatrix Plus, Guild Roster Manager, Itemrack are my addons.

To be fair, that’s not the best way to troubleshoot this. I mean, you can compare lists of addons if you want, but even if you find that you both run the same addon(s), it’s in no way a guarantee that the corruption is the same in both of your installs.

A full UI reset isn’t that hard. You rename three or four folders and start up WoW. To put your addons back one by one, move them from the renamed folder(s) to the fresh folders created by the WoW start-up.

Half an hour and a bunch of reloads, that’s about it.

1 Like