BG forums lounge (Part 1)

Hey, so I know the bg forums have devolved into epic bg drama forums, but the “lounge” that Tsatsaga made all these years ago is supposed to just be a nice chill non flame space.

Like where we can shoot the breeze about toddlers enjoying black coffee, the history of our mana forums bans, etc

5 Likes

Yep. I give him skull when I see him as I know he’s competent. But he doesn’t queue with us, just a few of his friends.

My friends.
Please pour one out for my mouse.
After 12+ years of faithful service it has finally passed away.
This mouse has been through everything.
Dropped.
Spilled fluids on.
greasy pizza fingers.
Pretty sure I tossed it at a wall back in mop.

Rip mouse.

4 Likes

Today I learnt sham and Dida are a raid. Which one of you is packing on the pounds?

wait charmin ultra and mort have beeef idk this LOL !!!

2 Likes

F in chat for toks mouse :coffin: :placard:

I have a bad habbit of holding on to things for too long lol, my backpack is 20+ years old now. I also have a lot of my clothes form high school still.

1 Like

Sheesh, lost my TL3 in the last week some time.

GOTTA START POSTING MORE AGAIN.

1 Like

Most of us did. The beta licenses expired.

Beta for? I’ve had mine for a few years so I thought I was just a :star2:

I’m not sure. I’ve had beta consistently for several expansions now and also had alpha for Legion.

A lot of people were confused about why they suddenly lost level 3, and it was decided that that was because of the expired licenses.

The whole thing is silly anyways. I don’t even care about it myself

As far as I know, this is the only forum where you need to “grind” to do basic stuff like posting an image… on a forum that requires a $15/month fee via having an active game account

Meanwhile, on like 99% of other internet forums - that cost $0 - you can create a fresh account and instantly start posting images, posting links, etc

One of the forums in my rotation (politics-themed board), you don’t even need an account to post… there is an optional $10/month membership with extra perks, but everyone has full posting abilities (including anonymous users without an account)

Then you compare all those other forums with this one, and then you realize just how “prudish” and backwards this place is in comparison :joy:

1 Like

Way back when ( well before trust level was a thing ) I used to post up memes and stuff a bunch, I was just trying to post a GIF earlier and realized I couldn’t :frowning:

don’t worry about it, I will probably never be able to post memes either lol.

1 Like

Most of the time, the three of us talk about food. Which new cuisine or restau to try.

Foodies!

1 Like

Going camping for a couple of days to watch the eclpise, pve out until then dont get the thread closed.

3 Likes

Awesome! Enjoy. I saw the one a few years back and it was honestly amazing.

Just had a small earthquake here in the NYC area; if this was more olden times I’d think it was the end of the world to have an earthquake followed up by an eclipse lol.

1 Like

I’m in northern Virginia, hoping to catch the eclipse myself. Won’t be total, but good enough. I was lucky and got to see the May 1984 (dang, 40 years ago!) eclipse down at Virginia Tech - pretty much totality - and it was surreal; temperature dropped like 20 to 25 degrees, and the shadows became double-blurred because of the ring of fire, like living in the bottom of a fishbowl.

Hope it’s a good show for peeps checking it out!

1 Like

Hey, don’t forget the locusts! It’s the end-of-the-world trifecta!

1 Like

Yea, the last one we went out west to Oregon (my brother lives out there).

Really is an amazing experience, just like you described.

My wife made that joke on a work call Friday lol.

I remember seeing the eclipse and thinking how wild that must’ve been 4, 5, 600+ years ago.

Now just imagining you experience an earthquake and 3 days later an eclipse?

That’d be something pre-modernity.